Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading quite a bit I wanted to write a little.
We bought our G6 March 7th. Have almost 2,000 miles so far. The little woman drives 16 miles to work one way, averaging 26.5 MPG by the actual fuel/miles method.
We have no problems with the car, runs good, looks good, and drives good. I have heard low 16 second 1/4 miles times are not out of the question. Shoot, back in 1978, the Trans Am was lucky to do that with all the "Smokey and the Bandit trim"! I know it didn't get anywhere near 20 MPG.
Maybe we just don't notice anything. I think it is a really nice car. I have not had a new car since 1984. Maybe that just makes this one special.
Enough of my ramblings, Everyone have a great day!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well thats good that you havent had any problems. The G6 has over 6,000 miles now and has had some problems. But nothing major. Like I have said before new cars will have problem it should be expected. But so far it seems to be a great car.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Im right behind you at 5700miles.. no 'major' problesm so to speak (unless you count the steering going out)..but a lot of minor annoyances..

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have 3000miles....

- no problems (besides aftermarket auto-starter....that doesn't count as a problem)
- great mpg (28/29 mostly highway)
- awsome looking (except the scuff in the back door where my wife slid into her friends car in a snowstorm....NOTE TO SELF: get her a set of snow tires)
- great handling (on dry pavement)

So far, so good!

·
Registered
67 Posts
S8ER99 said:
Im right behind you at 5700miles.. no 'major' problesm so to speak (unless you count the steering going out)..but a lot of minor annoyances..
I hear you, By the end of this week it will probably be near 7,000 (6,700 currently) I consider the problems the same as yours minor and just annoying. Considering my 2001 SC2 I had which was a first year car these problems are nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts