Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 07 g6 and just recently I went into my car just to change a CD in the player. The CD I ejected was stuck so I manually pried it out and then placed in the new one. I did this while the car was running and then turned it off.

The next time I went to start my car, I can't get it to turn over, only clicking. I try jumping, it does not work. I do get headlights, they do not dim so I do not believe the battery is dead. I also get a message that says "Changer parked" on my display. Trying to look at what that is, I see it is related to the CD changer, so I go in and remove all CDs, still no start, still same error message.

I am not sure if the CD changer and the starting issue are related but I thought maybe you guys would have heard of this before.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read the other topics and tried the solution to remove the message, it did not seem to work. Also it seems like the other people with this problem had their car start successfully before worrying about the message. So I am starting to believe they are unrelated, but that the changer parked message came after trying to jump

I also now get several new messages on the display such as "Servie air bag" and "Service Traction."

I did not mention this before but when I try to start it I get not only the engine light, but the anti-theft light will blink as well. If that helps a diagnosis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.