Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan 3.5l FlexFuel
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a '09 G6 with 3.5l (flex) throwing a code P0449. I replaced the fuel cap, canister vent valve solenoid (near the fuel tank), and the canister purge valve solenoid (under the hood). Used original AC Delco parts off Rock Auto so I spent less then $50 for all of them together. Reset the codes, but it still throws the P0449. Well upon further research and investigation, the vent valve isn't getting any voltage. My understanding is the wire is always providing voltage and the ground is provided by the control module. I believe the fuse is the "EVAP 2" 10amp in truck fuse box. It wasn't blown and it had battery voltage going through it. I assume I have a broken wire between the fuse and vent valve solenoid connector. My question is does anyone have a wiring diagram of the EVAP system? I feel I'm quite capable of doing the repair myself, but I want to make sure I'm on the correct wires. Anyone else had this issue? If you took it somewhere to have it repaired, what did it set you back? Thanks in advance! -Todd

·
Registered
406 Posts
Same general system used in my '10 Buick Lucerne. One of the big reasons I got the car CHEAP($2k) was same code. Found the harness from connector had multiple breaks in both the power and ground wire without breaking open the insulation. I traced the color codes from the vent solenoid back to the car where I did have power, cut the wire and laid in a new one with the new redesigned connector adapter to the vent solenoid instead of having that "extra connection length. I could not come up with a wire schematic to figure this out, so did it the "old fashioned way" and took the 2 wire harness down and started checking it out after removing the "protective wrap.
On the G6, a bit of a pain due to the way it is mounted. But very "doable. GOOD LUCK!.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan 3.5l FlexFuel
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same general system used in my '10 Buick Lucerne. One of the big reasons I got the car CHEAP($2k) was same code. Found the harness from connector had multiple breaks in both the power and ground wire without breaking open the insulation. I traced the color codes from the vent solenoid back to the car where I did have power, cut the wire and laid in a new one with the new redesigned connector adapter to the vent solenoid instead of having that "extra connection length. I could not come up with a wire schematic to figure this out, so did it the "old fashioned way" and took the 2 wire harness down and started checking it out after removing the "protective wrap.
On the G6, a bit of a pain due to the way it is mounted. But very "doable. GOOD LUCK!.
Thanks for the reply! I like the idea of eliminating the extra connector! Going to tackle it with a buddy next week. Hoping I don't have to drop the gas tank again but it'll be good to have an extra set of hands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.