Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently heard a new noise from the front end. It sounds like I'm driving with tires with big lugs on it. The faster I go the louder it gets. I'm leaning towards bearing. I through it in neutral and the sound persists. I swerved back and forth but the sound didn't change which I thought was odd if it's the bearing. Anybody know what this is? 07 g6 gtp.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Starts off quiet... gets louder the faster you go? Definitely sounds like a bearing, Jack it up and give the wheels a spin by hand, Any noise and it's likely coming from the bearing.

·
Gpof59
46 Posts
Yeah..,It sounds like a hub bearing. I had the same thing with two Fords I had. Sealed hub bearings., engineers answer to less problems.,YEAH RIGHT!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I jacked it up and spun the wheel but all I hear is the pads rubbing on the rotor. I'm going to order both sides and change them myself. Should be all good.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK guys. Opening this back up. I noticed driving today I can hear the power steering pump getting louder when I turn and give it gas. Also when I'm stopped and turn the wheel back and forth I hear squeaking. I think it may be coming from the rack. Do you think the noise I'm hearing all along is the power steering pump? I checked and the fluid is topped up. :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same exact issue. Have you figured out what the problem is? Any help would be appreciated. I have a 2007 G6 4 door 4 cylinder. Thanks Again for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem when I bought my car it sounds like the intermediate shaft. This is a common problem with the g6. It cost about $375 to have them fix it at the dealer. Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the same exact issue. Have you figured out what the problem is? Any help would be appreciated. I have a 2007 G6 4 door 4 cylinder. Thanks Again for any help.
Hey Mike.

Ya man it was the bearings. I changed both front. Might as well do both. If one went bad it won't be long for the other to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts