Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well this might be long .I dive a 06 G6 Gtp coup, and i have been hearing this noise and i don't know if it was my break or the Rim. the Rims is damage if that has any thing to do with it. but i really don't think it is my beaks b/c i just change them not to long ago. but the thing is (don't laugh) i have g6 gtp but for some reason my mechanic to me that one side of my car just have a 6g break system not gtp break system would that make a differents? and if i have to get a new rim is there a differences between g6 rim and a gtp rim?

if any one can help me that would be great if not well thats ok cool dont want to drive someone crazy with my problem

·
Registered
31 Posts
iffen i had to guess i would say your rotor may be warped. But you need to described the noise, is it a rubbing, squelling, scratching or a rhythmic thump or click? Does it do it all the time, or just when you hit bumps or when your at highway speed? Give us a lil more info and we could probably tell you better. IMHO you mechanic sounds like a shade tree. Both sides are gonna be the same.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
Mine does the same thing rear left. Its like a metal-tin creeking sound. You know the sound on some cars after you shut them off the exhaust is tinking. Thats what it sounds like. If you lightly pull up on the fender you can sometimes hear it or get out of the car, or turn right slowly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It happens all the time its a rubbing (metal on metal , squealing noise
but if it is my breaks does it have anying to do with a that i have to different breaking systems on my car?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It happens all the time its a rubbing (metal on metal , squealing noise
but if it is my breaks does it have anying to do with a that i have to different breaking systems on my car?
U dont have 2 different breaking systems on your car, unless it was wrecked and who ever pieced it back together was an idiot. Most likely a warped rotor form what you have described.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.