Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Courtney :]
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So not to long ago I began to hear a "winding" noise, if that's the best description, not sure.. but it only happens when I turn the steering wheel to the right (that's the side the noise comes from) I can also feel the vibration from it in my gas and break petal .. I am thinking baring but not sure, any ideas?

Sent from my MB520

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Bearings usually make noise and get louder the faster you go, regardless of which way you turn the wheel, now turning it left or right may make it sound loud or softer. Seeing as how you only hear/feel it while turning makes me think that maybe something is rubbing. A bad axle would more or less click but not sound like a winding noise. Perhaps the tire is rubbing against some plastic in the wheel well. Like the finder or bumper liner. You can always try jacking up the front of the car and checking for looseness, A worn bearing could show itself as a slightly wobbly wheel.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we have checked for rubbing and there is no uneven tread, sooo not sure :/ but we will check the wobblyness lol of the wheel, thanks crusin!

Sent from my MB520

·
Registered
317 Posts
brakes..... i know the noise your talking about.... it happned on my old g6 whenever i would turn the wheel to the right, i would hear a loud noise..... i believe it is your brake wear indicator.... when i replaced my rotors and pads.. it went away hope that helps

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brakes..... i know the noise your talking about.... it happned on my old g6 whenever i would turn the wheel to the right, i would hear a loud noise..... i believe it is your brake wear indicator.... when i replaced my rotors and pads.. it went away hope that helps
Well I have heard that a lot but the problem is that they are all brand new both the brakes and rotors.. I got them in October/November.. so if that really is the problem that will suck! I got pretty good brakes and drilled and slotted rotors. I believe you because like I said that is not the first time that I have heard that but I don't want to hear that, lol! Thanks for your input!

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you checked your p/s fluid? Sounds like power steering groan.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
No I have not because it only does it when im going 40+ mph and the steering wheel has to be turned so far to the right for it to do it.

Sent from my MB520

1 - 7 of 7 Posts