Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a noise coming from the front end of my 2008 G6. Imagine a crotch rocket driving next to you and this is what my car sounds like. We swapped the tires to see if that was the issue, but it is still there. The noise is during motion, does not change with acc/deceleration. If you take the pressure off the front passenger wheel it seems to go away, but only until that pressure is resumed. What could this be? The boots look to be in good shape, no leaks seen during visual inspection.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Have you had brake service recently? I know when I had mine done a piece of metal got caugh between the rotor and caliper and made noise. Just throwing it out there.

·
!
127 Posts
do you have an automatic or manual transmission?
bad wheel bearing?
Or it could be that your brake caliper isn't retracting enough and the inside pad is down to bare metal? how many miles you got?
It seems odd that it doesn't change with the speed of the car though?
Does it sound the same if you are coasting in a parking lot at like 5 miles an hour and put the car in neutral?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.