Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed over the past couple of days i have had squeky brakes i dont know if it would be just from the road grime or what im going to keep a eye (ear) on it for a couple of days

·
Registered
152 Posts
i was having the same problem.. it was during the transition of 10degrees to 40degrees.. maybe it was what you said.. all the road grime.. but at anyrate.. it has seemed to of stopped sometime within the past couple days..

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ditto hear... light/faint sqeaks when Im slowing down for stoplights, etc... annoying as hell.

The weather has been chaotic.. prolly has something to do with it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
S8ER99 said:
Ditto hear... light/faint sqeaks when Im slowing down for stoplights, etc... annoying as hell.

The weather has been chaotic.. prolly has something to do with it.
Thats exactly whats going on

·
Registered
3 Posts
noisy brakes

just let everyone my 2005 G6 gt has 13000 kms on it and i had all the rotors replaced because they were warped when stopping at highway speeds and the brakes still squeak when it is cold for the first 2-3 stops, ............
as a licensed mechanic for 14 years i can tell you that GM has changed the make up in the material of there brake pads and thats why they are squeaking, my Envoy is doing the same thing and it is at the dealer right now getting new pads and rotors all the way around(8000 kms on it)...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was at the dealership today for the squeaking brakes and the whistling sound on braking too. Got the pads and rotors replace today took the whole morning I was glad they replace them and not just say we can't do nothing about this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts