Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nokya bulbs night pic.

No one has posted night pics with after market bulbs yet, so I thought I would start. The headlights are Nokya artric white and the foglight bulbs are Nokya hyper yellow's.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey, I like the yellow fog lights. Ya ever notice how these things look angry? And the eyes follow you when you walk around the room... LOL

·
Registered
423 Posts
AWESOME!!!!!

thanks for the great pic! were you able to get those bulbs at a local parts store or did you have to order them? I really like the yellow fog lights......

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
G6Action said:
AWESOME!!!!!

thanks for the great pic! were you able to get those bulbs at a local parts store or did you have to order them? I really like the yellow fog lights......
I bought them from www.automotivelightingusa.com You can also find them on eBay. When you adjust the foglights up more they really put out a good amount of light.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Explr1 said:
Just click on halogen bulbs on the upper left side of their page, then click on H11 or H9 and pick which brand/color you want. Or click from the choices below.

H11 bulbs

H9 bulbs
are the foglight bulbs "880"'s......i've filed my owners manual away so good that even I can't find it!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
are the foglight bulbs "880"'s......i've filed my owners manual away so good that even I can't find it!!!
Fogs are the same as the low beams, H11, in theory you could have yellow low beams also. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bob G said:
Fogs are the same as the low beams, H11, in theory you could have yellow low beams also. :D
Yes, there H11's. I would love to run the yellow bulbs for low beams in the winter, but the PD around here wouldn't like that too much.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Those yellow fogs are nice. I tried to take pics of my PIAAs at night a couple times and I had no luck. They looked like regular stock bulbs in the pictures. However, I have these JDM 'xenon cosmos blue' bulbs on order, so hopefully I'll be able to take pics of them. If they look good I'll leave them in the headlamps and move the PIAAs to the fogs.

Mike

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
asianman35 said:
Im guessing theres no problem with wattage, these are 80w (off someones ebay auction) and the stock are 55w i think? :confused:
There all really only 55 watts for the H11's and 65 for the H9's. The higher wattage stamped on the boxes/bulbs are nothing more than a marketing ploy. They stick a tad bit of xenon gas in the bulbs, and say the output is an amazing 80 or 100 watts. The biggest company who does this is PIAA with their Xtra vision crap. DOT has banned all importation and sales of true high wattage bulbs. You can't buy them anymore. I stocked up on true high wattage Hella 9005 (100) and 9006 (80) bulbs before the ban when I had my Bonne. I'm considering rewiring the G6 for these.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
GTPGuy82 said:
Hey I just got a set of the Arctic Whites for my foglamps, and I was just wondering if yours said "Nokya Wiring Harness Recommended" on the side of the case?

Mike
Yes, they did, however they don't make them for H11 or H9 bulbs, go figure. It's really on there so Nokya isn't liable if the wiring harness melts and your car catches fire. The headlight housing is large enough so heat isn't an issue, and the foglights are die cast metal/glass with a heat vent so your good there as well. By the way, why didn't you go with yellow in the foglights? The artic whites are nice and bright on dry and snow covered roads, but on wet roads, they give off a lot of glare. Having the yellow bulbs in the foglights help greatly on wet roads.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Explr1, would it be possible sometime that you could take and post pics of the roadway in front of your car (could be in a dark parking lot or whatever)while standing beside the drivers door, of the light pattern produced by your headlights with the yellow fogs on, on a dry and a wet road? I am curious about how they look compared to the pattern produced by my stock white fogs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I took a few night pics. They didn't come out so good, but here they are.

Low beams inside car:

Fog lights only inside car:

Low beams outside:

Foglights outside:

Both, lows and fogs outside:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yup, I sure can. When I first got the car, the fogs were aimed straight down and didn't provided that much light at all. I thought they were just for appearance purposes. Then I raised them up to just below the low beams and found that they really put out a lot of light, especially on the side of the road where deer like to jump out from. There awesome on wet roads now that I have the yellow bulbs in them!!! The only thing that I don't like about my lights are the high beams. The high beam reflector doesn't have the metal glare shield like the low beams do and the bulbs look a little to blue for my taste.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts