Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to eventually tint my windows, but since the FM antenna is in the back window, I know you cant tint it with metallic tint. Is there such thing as a non-metallic tint? Is that something I would just tell the place I get it tinted at that I want? And if I would get metallic tint, would there be a way to re-rout the FM antenna to the XM antenna on the roof? Or would that get bad reception then?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Nowadays there should be no reason to get metallic tint. My tint shop had the options of ceramic and carbon tints and he said that many shops got rid of metallic tints a while ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet thanks, I never really looked into tints available, I just new I couldnt get metalic.

Abyssul, whats the difference between ceramic and carbon tints?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Carbon is just the usual UV protection tint. Ceramic has a heat reduction property to keep the inside of your car cooler while also having the same benefits of carbon based tint; ceramic costs more though. It was $160 for all my windows in my sedan except my front windshield (of course).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.