Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cheking G6s on youtube and cam acroos this. I can appreciate the work. But why? There is a lot of body roll when the car turns and I'm sure those wheels are heavy. Color is pretty nice though. 17 would have done it justice 20s at the most.

·
Registered
470 Posts
They are being unique, which I think was their plan. If the suspension is harder than a rock, it might even handle decently, albeit with a very poor ride! Looked as if the tires are maybe 20 series sidewall. The front end will knowingly need to be rebuilt every 20K miles. I wonder if they took into account the final drive/axle ratio when they threw those tall wheels on. I think not.

Just because it's not what YOU would do, doesn't make it a bad decision. They fought the law and put their hard earned drug money into a set of wheels that they could show off to their buddies, common! Chances are high that their fellow brother(s) will steal the car anyway. To each their own, but I wouldn't have done that to a G6 either.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Way to not sound racist.
I'm white. That makes me an automatic racist whether I like it or not.

I have friends who are Black, Jamaican, Indian, German, Irish... it leads to some interesting conversations when we all get together! If my black friend wishes to put huge rims on a car, it's his choice to do so. If the German friend thinks VW cars are the best in the world, I won't argue even though they are mediocre at best. I can try advising against certain decisions but in the end, it's their decision/opinion.

I'm sure there will come a day when I'll get randomly pulled over by the police for driving while white (DWW). For the time being, it's March, so white history month 1 of 11 has arrived.

May the fourth be with you all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts