Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all... Joined the site back in 2010 but died off due to the business of life. Since then though I've managed to do quite a bit to the ride. Here is a complete list thus far:
GXP Front bumper now with arrow head shaved and filled
GXP Hood now with scoop grilles molded in
2009.5+ rocker moldings
2009.5+ spoiler
GXP Rear cover
Blacked out belt moldings
Painted mirrors
Fully debadged
Lowered with Eibach Pro Kit
Malibu Maxx Strut tower brace
Swapped out the A/M Rims for Cobalt SS 18" wheels custom painted
Cooper Zeon RS3-A 225/55R18 tires
Finally made GXP fog lamps funcional
Sylvania Silverstars in low beams and fogs
And currently in the middle of doing a Cobalt SS Brembo front brake conversion.

Here are a few pics as it sits now

Test fitting the brakes

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Nice! Welcome back to the site! Where did you get the brembo brake kit from, I've been lookin n lookin but can't find em

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Nice!! But you have the wrong brembo on. The fitting is up. That one goes on the other side.

Now get an intake! ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The brembo calipers were purchased from the Chevy dealer pads are local auto parts store and rotors are summit.

I've been searching for an intake but can't find one for the 2.4L.

Thanks for the re-welcomes :)

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I'm pretty sure that caliper has two fittings, top and bottom.

So that brembo caliper kit is from a dealer? I know I've seen it for cobalts I just cant find who sells it.

I got my intake off ebay. There are plenty there, and some legit ones.
I cheaped out and got a $75 intake, It's more galvanized aluminum and doesn't look great. It did need a little bit of modification to get it to work but it wasn't too bad. After the MAF it necked down to 2.5" and I think that is to clear the hood. But I replaced part of it and made it all 3" it does rub a little but it works and sounds great!
Especially because all I did was a res delete on the exhaust and it's still pretty darn quiet. It's nice when I get on it :D

I too have the 2.4 as well. www.ZZPerformance.com is a great site for performance parts for our motor.

If you get an intake though it will through a Lean Code so you will either need to make sure the tubing has a 2.5" inside diameter around the MAF sensor. or you'll have to get a tune.

I got the WAMS tune, solved all my problems and made the engine a ton better!

·
Registered
638 Posts
any close up pics of the grilles in the hood? i take this to mean you cut out the bck side of the scoops so air can now get in correct?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Brembo calipers are off of the 2008-10 cobalt ss/tc and can be bought at any GM dealership for roughly $350 ea. and come completely bare. You will need to buy the pads and pin kits separately. They do have 2 fittings on one side (inboard & outboard) and a crossover pipe on the opposite side. The pic was merely for mock up purposes to see how everything bolted up. I learned from that test fit that I had a long way to go before installing. Anyone that says the bolt right up is pulling your chain. lol.

Here are a few pics of the hood and grilles. I didn't cut anything out of the hood it is still non-functional, just molded everything so that it doesn't look quite so fake.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Oh so you're looking at at least $700 plus everything else you'll need to get it working. Sounds like quite the expense and hassle. I'd love to do it, but I don't think I will be. Most of my money is going to go into my engine, wheels, and suspension. Although a brake upgrade may be necessary in the future... ha

·
Registered
317 Posts
i knew i recognized your car from somewhere! i do a job every month on your street! i just cant remember what street your on

i never knew you were on here, i was thinking about leavin a note one day on your car

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@ CruisinG6: If I added everything up for this project it would be around $1100-1200 (all retail of course). Thankfully because of my current position and career I've only paid a fraction of it.

@ ryangski: That's funny as hell, small world. I'm at Toepfer and Kelly on Veronica, for now anyways. And I work at Merollis Chevrolet on Gratiot and Toepfer. Also, feels pretty good to know my car is so memorable lol.

·
Registered
317 Posts
excellent, i didnt remember if it was that or on lincoln.. maybe we'll meet up someday, im at 10 mile and 94... or on stephens, last street before th bridge to scs

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Hey I'm off 94 too! Although about 350 miles away, haha. It seems like each project I have or want to do to my car is adding up to be a little over a grand. The wheels I want. Suspension setup. Engine work. I think if I had 6 grand to piss away I can get it all done.
But the way it's looking it'll have to happen over time, :D

·
Legend
782 Posts
Looks awesome!! :) what year is your 6? I would love to do something like that to my car. I assume the front and back bumpers are lower than the regular ones that come on the 2.4? Looks really good though and love the hood as well. :beer:

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Legend
782 Posts
Did you have to get those gxp pieces custom fitted or did the just bolt right up?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks J dog. Its a 2006 and yes the GXP bumpers are slightly lower than the regular bumpers but not much. The bumpers bolt right on but require additional parts to get the proper fit and structure. I tried doing it w/o the extra parts and while it looked okay it wasn't properly supported and felt really loose. Now I have everything needed and it fits much much better.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Thanks J dog. Its a 2006 and yes the GXP bumpers are slightly lower than the regular bumpers but not much. The bumpers bolt right on but require additional parts to get the proper fit and structure. I tried doing it w/o the extra parts and while it looked okay it wasn't properly supported and felt really loose. Now I have everything needed and it fits much much better.
That's awesome. What extra parts did you need? Besides that you didn't have to do any cutting to the new bumpers did you? Also where did you get them? I am thinking about doing this now to my car. Not to steal your thunder or anything but it looks awesome! :)

·
Legend
782 Posts
Also I couldn't tell in your pic but do you have dual exhaust running out the back? And if so what did you do/ use and how does it sound?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts