Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I have a base or a gt is there a sure way to tell the difference? Its a 2008 3500 v6 with chrome door handles, sunroof, remote start, six disc CD changer, it just has alot but there is no gt badge on the rear. Would it be anywhere else?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CruisinG6 I ended up using a similar website just free but I have a base 6 with every option except heated seats lol

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The one I posted is free the first time... but glad you figured it out. I wonder if the original owner ordered all the bells and whistles when purchasing.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
The RPO code sticker in the glove box would indicate all the factory options right?

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

Do also have a 2008, V6 3.5 L sedan. It's also full equiped. Sunroof, Onstar, Sirius, ajustable pedals, electric seat (driver side), heated seats (both sides), rear spoiler, aluminiun wheels....but no leather seats and and no tap shift trans that the GT version have. So it's an upgraded version and it's also named SE model (special edition) but we never see the term SE written or badged on the car. (correct me if i'am wrong..) For 2009 and 2010 models, i saw advertised GT with the 4 cylinders and no tap shift trans...So there was multi combination of trims and equipements i guess that GM produced for G6 (2005 to 2010)

·
Registered
42 Posts
You're wright. My mistake. 2010 GT with 3.5 L but no tap stick. But we see lot of 2009 and 2010 sedan with 2.4 L (base or more equiped)

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Yeah Pontiac is infamous for switching around model designations and equipment over the years, leading to mass confusion on who's got what. I'm not totally up on all the G6 variances but I've owned several Grand Prix's over the years and my first one was a 1989 SE, which was the top of the line model at the time (base, LE, SE), but later that designation was for the "base" model (SE, GT, GTP). From 1997-2005, the supercharged version was the GTP, then in 2006 it was switched to the GT. But a prior GT was not supercharged. Aye yi yi!

Even my 2009 G6 GT is the equivalent of the 06-07 GTP :shrug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts