Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a rattle--sounds like a belt buckle-happens going over rough roads or expansion joints--not seat belts-getting annoying--any answers?

·
Registered
142 Posts
If coupe could possibly be the third brake light cover, seen alot of complaints about those. If not I honestly don't know what it could be.

·
Registered
107 Posts
hook2233 said:
have a rattle--sounds like a belt buckle-happens going over rough roads or expansion joints--not seat belts-getting annoying--any answers?
I occasionally get one too. It sounds like it's coming from the back right of the car. I can't figure out what it is though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rattle-found it

Lucius said:
I occasionally get one too. It sounds like it's coming from the back right of the car. I can't figure out what it is though.
Under pass. door--black moulding connecting to body - i saw a rubber piece-very thin hanging--i sprayed lithium grease in that area--no more rattle--going to put foam stuffed in the places between the plastic and body etc--should make ir permanent

·
Registered
50 Posts
Check your trunk hinges -- with the lid closed, push down on either side of the back edge of the trunk lid (closest to the bumper), in the corners (by the tail lights)... such that you are wiggling/rocking the lid from side to side. See if that creates something similar to the noise you hear inside. If so, you need new trunk hinges. They ordered some for mine and that stopped the rattle noise I was getting over bumps and coming and out of the driveway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts