Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ya'll. My name is Wilbur and I am a 22 year old US Navy Sailor in Jacksonville Florida. I bought my 2007 G6 about a month ago and have taken a interest in customizing and accessorizing my vehicle. I am far from Car savvy. I just learned how to change my own friggin tires...looking forward to being apart of this community.

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
Hey! 07 G6 Sedan over here! something silver, but welcome!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to the site! And congrats on your new ride!

·
Banned
211 Posts
Hey, Wilbur!
Welcome to the forums! I'm kinda new here too, but I have 3 years of experience modding(or trying to) my Euro vehicles. The G6, that I purchased about 3 weeks ago, is my first domestic car. I'm enjoying it for sure, are you?

I have a question - if you don't mind me asking. I've been playing with the thought of joining The Navy, in the Health Care division. Would you recommend this? I'm an RN, going to school for my BSN, at the moment. I'll have 3 years experience in the field, and a bachelors before I enlist.. Would I have to go through basic training, or a more specialized training, since I'll have a pretty badass resume by then?

I would ask a recruiter - but I'm afraid they'll never leave me alone, and I'm not trying to enlist until I'm done with school.

Thanks, and once again - WELCOME!

Oh, and an extremely easy performance mod that you could take upon yourself would be a CAI. They're easy to install, and it'd probably be a good learning experience. I'm pretty sure all I needed to install my K&N Typhoon system was a 10mm Ratchet w/ extension, 10mm wrench, 4mm hex wrench, T25 Torx Wrench, and a flat-blade screw driver.. And about an hour of time.

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
I would ask a recruiter - but I'm afraid they'll never leave me alone, and I'm not trying to enlist until I'm done with school.
just so you know...my good buddy talked about joining the navy and left some info with him and the they still call him about it and its been 6-8months and its not looking like they are going to slow down anytime soon.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Majesty - very awesome! hope you like the ride! Pics pics pics!

Slick - negative - many officers who have a degree go through a physical training course but it is not near basic training (easier than the air force BT). In the Marine Corps we called them Mustangs

JP - yes they will constantly call haha! I've been out of the corps for going on 5 years and still have new recruiters going through the files and calling me! I think everyone should serve, so I'm a bit partial but yes, go in with a degree, become an officer and get some serious pay. Hope it works out!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts