Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lover of Bacon
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know ive seen this on Youtube and here but does anyone know if there is a OBD2 adapter that allows you to roll your windows down and up from your stock Key fob?

they sell one on flea bay but it says Chevy Cruz so not sure if someone knows it they make it for a Pontiac G6

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
All the modules communicate with eachother... techs can check for issues in the ecm, tcm, bcm, ABS, srs etc all through the obd port. I had no idea such a product exsisted for the windows tbh. If it works for most GM cars it should work on the G6. Try and see if you can find any working for the Malibu, since its pretty much the same car...

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
#1 reason to have this: Cool factor! :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Probably just communicates with the BCM over the CAN bus. Dont think it will work on ours though since our power windows arent run through the BCM...

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I just checked and yea, all the BCM does is provide power to the windows through the accessory relay...
Well I think that pretty much makes this not possible for the G6...

But I know some aftermarket alarms and keyless systems have the ability to be connected to the windows allowing you to roll them down with the fob, However not the factory fob...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts