Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but found nothing related.

I have a 2005 G6 that had about 50K miles on it. The car would not start or jump so I changed the battery. When started the car my electronic odomoter showed zero! It is counting, but has anyone heard of this? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i heard that computers on the G6 are really fragile and don't like it when you take the battary off ...

that's kind of cool though ... i wish mine would reset so i could sell that thing

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a 2005 G6 that had about 50K miles on it. The car would not start or jump so I changed the battery. When started the car my electronic odometer showed zero! It is counting, but has anyone heard of this? Thank you in advance.

This is weird, my roommate's girlfriend just had this happen to her car, not quite the same scenario but it had a dead battery, tried to jump it with a jump box and it reset the mileage. Was at 40000 ish. brought it to the dealer to report that this happened and they treated her like a leper and accused her of tampering with it. (its a leased car)

Now the car it sitting on the street with the horn honking and interior lights flickering on and off BY ITSELF, like the panic is going off but go to turn the panic off and it goes into a fit again and starts honking!!

What a POS!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is weird, my roommate's girlfriend just had this happen to her car, not quite the same scenario but it had a dead battery, tried to jump it with a jump box and it reset the mileage. Was at 40000 ish. brought it to the dealer to report that this happened and they treated her like a leper and accused her of tampering with it. (its a leased car)

Now the car it sitting on the street with the horn honking and interior lights flickering on and off BY ITSELF, like the panic is going off but go to turn the panic off and it goes into a fit again and starts honking!!

What a POS!!!
sounds like there's a circuit somewhere in the system ... check the fuses ... the dealer should be able to take care of it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing happened to me...dealer has no clue

This morning the same happened with my 2005 G6 sedan. Car started fine this morning. Ran a few errands, came back to start the car and nothing. Tried turning the key to get it to start several time and nothing. Tried to use the remote start and thats when all lights started flickering and the all electronics had reset. Someone jumped it off and all electronics were reset including the odometer. Just curious as to what may have happened or if there is possibly some computer damage

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Disconnect your negative terminal first and leave it for 15 minutes then insert your key at the ignition before connecting your negative battery terminal.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
That odometer reset behavior was due to a firmware flaw in certain GM BCMs. It either had that "feature" or it did not. Can't remember now if there was a reflash that fixed it or it required a new BCM but I'm tending toward the latter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I change the battery to G6 pontiac 2008 and the stop run

I have a 2005 G6 that had about 50K miles on it. The car would not start or jump so I changed the battery. When started the car my electronic odomoter showed zero! It is counting, but has anyone heard of this? Thank you in advance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts