Pontiac G6 Forum banner
461 - 480 of 491 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
It's really upsetting. Bc without the condensation the lights would look amazing, but it's like trying to shine headlights through the pane of glass in my shower. I couldn't think of a better description. Today the rain has toned down a little but the fogginess is still there. My LEDs didn't work from day one, so I just snipped em. Hopefully the condensation will clear up and I can take it apart and seal em real good. I haven't had any issues with the left side. By far the worst rip off on any forum I've seen. The reviews are going too be bad if I don't get in touch with someone on Monday!
I had the same problem with condensation with one light. I looked up some solutions online. Today I took both lights off and sucked out some of the water with a straw (through the signal light part just twist it off) and spit it out of course, lol. Then I put some silica gel packs that absorb water inside the light with a fishing line. Then I blow dried it through the same hole. Then I resealed the lights with some RTV silicone adhesive sealant. I did both lights just in case the other one started doing it. The light has been on for 5 hours now and nothing yet. I hope it worked. The first time I tried to fix it it fogged right back up when I went outside. Try this man!

· Registered
237 Posts
My point is that I think it's sad you spend your time spying on others misfortunes and posting regarding said misfortunes.
Sad? No, I read a lot and gain as much knowledge as I can about something I am interested in. I was a click away from purchasing these lights myself and who knows maybe I would have had a good experience or maybe a bad one. As I said it's about 50/50!!

Whatever I learn here on these forums, I share with others in return.

Good day!

· Registered
237 Posts
You guys aren't being very respectful though... Through 15 pages of people saying they are unhappy with them you guys have made it you mission to rub it in that they made a stupid decision buying the head lights... Trying to act like you're so smart and we're dumb for buying em... If your worried about people hearing spyder sucks don't worry there is 15 pages of that without you.. Comments from people that don't have the headlights doesn't do anything so why comment? You're not helping any cause sept for boosting your post count and rubbing it in that you didn't waste $205... On the other hand I say money well invested cuz I love my new headlights...

Leave this thread for what it's supposed to be people that want to buy/ have bought these headlights... Anything else you're just trolling.
I was never disrespectful nor did I say anyone was stupid for buying these lights. I gave my opinion which I am entitled to do on a public forum. I don't come off as rude or disrespectful at least I hope not. I'm not trolling either. I was a potential customer until I realized how disorganized and uncertain this group buy was. I made the decision not to click that paypal link.

I have no affiliation with Kool_G6 LOL

· Registered
48 Posts
Finally got the lights in the car today... What a PITA.

Here's a daylight shot of the halos and leds on. Yes I promise the halos are working.

I'll get a few more shots up later.
The install process on my car was terrible. Not the lights fault, just pontiacs design. Kind of a tight squeeze to get them out. Thanks to the crap quality and constant need for adjustment and tinkering, I scraped up the bumper underneath the lights pretty good since I had to take them out and put them back in so many times.

· Registered
130 Posts
Since I got a couple of led lights out, I was wondering if they can be replaced with the wled x6 which are on the superbrightled website. I think the ones in there now are wled x. I think they should fit. What do you all think? If the wled x6 will fit it should be brighter and we can change the colors too.

· Registered
130 Posts
its rained alot and has been really cold but i havent seen any problems.... are only people who put in the HID's having these types of problems?
I had the condensation problem before I put in HIDs. I tried to fix it when I added HIDs and it came right back. So I read up on aftermarket lights. They recommend adding an extra silicone adhesive sealant before you install them (not just spyder lights). I also noticed one of my lights had a larger gap between the seal. This was the light that was having the problems. I remove that light. Took the bulbs out, dried up the condensation, screwed the two screws all the way in (the two screws at the top of the light that help close it; I guess they were not screwed in all the way), and added the clear RTV silicone adhesive sealant. I added the sealant to both lights to help prevent this from happening to other light. Its been about 8 hours now and the condensation has not returned.:D

· Banned
258 Posts
Oh no not 8hrs. The real test is to either wait til morning, or take off both headlights and get them to room temp and then take out side in cold weather. If no condensation after that then try taking thru a car wash. No condensation after all that, THEN your good to go. Luckily my projector lights passed all this with flying colors.

· Registered
130 Posts
Oh no not 8hrs. The real test is to either wait til morning, or take off both headlights and get them to room temp and then take out side in cold weather. If no condensation after that then try taking thru a car wash. No condensation after all that, THEN your good to go. Luckily my projector lights passed all this with flying colors.
Well they been in the house all morning letting the sealant dry. I put them back on in the garage. It has been raining and it is 34 degrees outside. Yeah I know I got some waiting to do but the first time I tried to fix it, it came right back when I took them outside in the cold air. That's why I am at least 30% happy at this point.

· Da.v3
597 Posts
well, they are shit. im sending them back. played with them for ages. this is shit and im filing a dispute because im getting no reply from ray.

· Storm Trooper
323 Posts
There is things that 'WE' can do

File complaints with the BBB

User reviews on www.ripoffreport.com that way you can let the public know that they are garbage.

Have to remember that they unloaded these quick for Cheap. Hell you could have bought OEM 05 or 06 headlights that are easy to open for about 175 shipped. And then HIDs for another 35 plus shipping. That way you could get the custom AND functionable look.

And no i did not participate in this buy but i DID own them for about 8 months. The only issue i had was the lig output.

· Da.v3
597 Posts
not only am i pissed about not getting a shitty product but he didnt even send the partial refund seeing as the group buy got over 20+ people.

· Storm Trooper
323 Posts
Forum name: [email protected]
Name: Ray Chung
Address: 19395 E. Walnut Dr. N. City of Industry, CA 91748
Phone #: 626-956-9121

Someone call this Dude, if that's case on the partial refund I want my money too.
that is the internet at its finest!

lol.... do you have lat and long for the house too.... lol

· Registered
392 Posts
that is the internet at its finest!

lol.... do you have lat and long for the house too.... lol
Hate to break it to you but that phone number and address is for Spyder Auto... check their website.

· Registered
22 Posts
I know I'm going to sound like a broken record on here but I finally installed these today(very busy at work) and although the led's and halo's were very easy to install, all these are good for is the look. Granted they do look much better than the stockers the functionality sucks. I do have the HID's that I didn't install because I don't have a file to file down where the HID tube goes so that will help. I honestly get more light output from the fog's than the headlights. Also, when I hooked up the pass side I had 1 LED that wasn't working and the drivers side headlight kept flickering on and off. I had to remove the lights 3-4 times until everything was looking good. I hope I can drive for the next week until I get the HID's installed because on a dark road down my street I couldn't see anything. For the price and look they are good, I hope the HID's make the visible...

· Registered
48 Posts
I know I'm going to sound like a broken record on here but I finally installed these today(very busy at work) and although the led's and halo's were very easy to install, all these are good for is the look. Granted they do look much better than the stockers the functionality sucks. I do have the HID's that I didn't install because I don't have a file to file down where the HID tube goes so that will help. I honestly get more light output from the fog's than the headlights. Also, when I hooked up the pass side I had 1 LED that wasn't working and the drivers side headlight kept flickering on and off. I had to remove the lights 3-4 times until everything was looking good. I hope I can drive for the next week until I get the HID's installed because on a dark road down my street I couldn't see anything. For the price and look they are good, I hope the HID's make the visible...
Best advice I can offer is file the hole, use 4 spacers, and aim them outwards, and up (not legal, but the only option, see my post and pics on previous pages)

· Registered
22 Posts
First of all I'm completely confused on how to install the HID's. I tried following that stupid little instruction manual but that thing is junk. I have a few question I can't seem to figure out.
1) where do you put the red and black connectors that go inside of the projector right by the bulb itself. It has 2 male connectors but on the headlight itself there are only male connectors on there. Unless this is a sword fight the two don't go together.

2) After the spacers are installed how do you get the clip to hold the bulb down? It doesn't come even close fitting with the spacers.

3) What should I be hooking the ballast to? It says hook it up to a 20W fuse but does that mean i have to run long wires from the pass side to the fuse box? In hindsight I would have never got the HID's unless I'm just completely retarded on this install. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
130 Posts
First of all I'm completely confused on how to install the HID's. I tried following that stupid little instruction manual but that thing is junk. I have a few question I can't seem to figure out.
1) where do you put the red and black connectors that go inside of the projector right by the bulb itself. It has 2 male connectors but on the headlight itself there are only male connectors on there. Unless this is a sword fight the two don't go together.

2) After the spacers are installed how do you get the clip to hold the bulb down? It doesn't come even close fitting with the spacers.

3) What should I be hooking the ballast to? It says hook it up to a 20W fuse but does that mean i have to run long wires from the pass side to the fuse box? In hindsight I would have never got the HID's unless I'm just completely retarded on this install. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The first question I need to see a pic of what you are talking about. As long as you have a h1 bulb you should have two male connectors and two female connectors. The HID bulbs should have the male connectors if I remember correctly.

Once you put the spacers in, it is a pain to clamp it back down. You need to get some pliers and bend the clamp so it is almost straight. Then twist the end of the clamp toward the hook of the base for you new connection. However you do it should be fine, just play around with it.

As far as the ballast hook up, sounds like you have a wire harness. I did not buy one, so the ballast hook up was straight foward. Just hooked up the connections of all the wires available and thats it.

461 - 480 of 491 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.