Pontiac G6 Forum banner

481 - 491 of 491 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
First of all I'm completely confused on how to install the HID's. I tried following that stupid little instruction manual but that thing is junk. I have a few question I can't seem to figure out.
1) where do you put the red and black connectors that go inside of the projector right by the bulb itself. It has 2 male connectors but on the headlight itself there are only male connectors on there. Unless this is a sword fight the two don't go together.

2) After the spacers are installed how do you get the clip to hold the bulb down? It doesn't come even close fitting with the spacers.

3) What should I be hooking the ballast to? It says hook it up to a 20W fuse but does that mean i have to run long wires from the pass side to the fuse box? In hindsight I would have never got the HID's unless I'm just completely retarded on this install. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm a little confused on what you're asking for question #1, might want to post pics. All I had to do was splice the black and red from the ballast into the stocking wiring. As far as the fuse goes, if you splice into the factory wiring then it will be using the factory fuse on that power wire.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
anyone want to buy mine?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well after monkeying around more with these I was able to figure out what went where, I completely forgot about the two connectors inside the black cap you take off to get to the bulb itself. My only issue now is I have two huge dark spots right in front of the car and there is more light to the sides.

1)I only used 3 shims on the bulb because I had the wrong size and that is the only way they'd fit...should I go back and get the 4th one for each or
won't it matter.

2) Is there an easier way to aim these suckers besides completely removing the light and arbitrarily guessing how high or wide to go? And when is the cutoff line too high? I feel like these need to move way up because basically the light is shining right by the bottom of my front bumper.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well after monkeying around more with these I was able to figure out what went where, I completely forgot about the two connectors inside the black cap you take off to get to the bulb itself. My only issue now is I have two huge dark spots right in front of the car and there is more light to the sides.

1)I only used 3 shims on the bulb because I had the wrong size and that is the only way they'd fit...should I go back and get the 4th one for each or
won't it matter.

2) Is there an easier way to aim these suckers besides completely removing the light and arbitrarily guessing how high or wide to go? And when is the cutoff line too high? I feel like these need to move way up because basically the light is shining right by the bottom of my front bumper.
I have taken my lights off so much to fix the condensation and led lights its rediculous. Each time I adjust my lights up and in. So far I have done 3 full turns up and 1 and 1/2 turns inward. Mark the top of each adjustment knob with a marker so you know when you have done a full turn or 1/2 a turn. I have no problems with visibility, but I have HIDs in the fogs too so that may make a difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Now that you mention it, I did attempt to reseal these just using some more silicone along the already siliconed edge, so we'll see how that works. Good idea about marking the knob already. It seems like my projectors are going straight towards the ground but I'm not really sure where the cutoff line is supposed to be. Not that I care, but I don't want to be getting pulled over the these POS lights.

·
It's about time!
4 Posts
Does anyone want to buy mine? They're black, and I haven't even taken them out of the box. With all the garbage that is going on, I don't even want to try and use them.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
you may have better luck posting this in the for sale section

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
alright i need some help with adjusting them, they dont seem to want to move. I filed down the hole and got my HIDs in, but how exactly do i adjust them.

I know theres the two knobs and i tried turning both of them like 3 full turns each, should i only turn them a little bit?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, I finally got my lights installed. Needless to say, the light pattern sucks. I plan to try and adjust them, to see if I can get a light pattern that works.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
due to getting no answer via email, phone, forums :

filed dispute on paypal - it has gone against their paypal account, but they cant do anything due to it not having gone over ebay.

filed dispute with CC company - they contacted spyder for me, had a 3 way convo, RMA issued. ill be sending them back this weekend, unless someone happens to buy them for more.

I would encourage everyone else having the same issues to do the same

481 - 491 of 491 Posts