Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine checked out fine at NAPA both on and off the vehicle. This is not a 100% check, but you could setup a voltage tester while driving to see if it maintains proper voltages while driving. I just went with a gut feeling because I had taken it out of the car while doing some work. Also I was noticing lights dimming at night during acceleration.

It is not real expensive or hard to replace. Just hope this is more of a common problem instead of the steering column itself.
So i've had my multimeter hooked up to the battery all week and today it finally did it. The volts had been staying around 15.5v at first. The more i drove it the more the volys rose. It got up to 15.88. Parked at walmart for like 20 mins. 2 mins after i left wal mart it did it and the volts jumped to 17.5v for an instant then went back to normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The problem was not the alternator , it was in the steering sensors or pump it self' I will never buy a car with an electric pump. very dangerous, Now when turning corners or going over bumps, front end sounds like its going to fall off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The steering issue has been eliminated so far, but i still lose power to all electronics. It does it when accelerating at about 3k rps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All you have to do, call the Pontiac GM number: 1-800-620-7668
Speak with a person, say you are calling about Service Bulletin: 10183
Say your car is randomly loosing power steering and you feel it is unsafe to drive.
They will have to have your VIN number, so get that handy.

Once they say OK, they will setup an appointment at a local shop.
Before you get off the phone, ASK THEM FOR THE GM CASE NUMBER!
Write that down, when dealerships see that they bend over for you lol.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts