Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am brand new to this forum. Here is my question.

I drive to the steel mills everyday and where I enter is the truck exit. The road is extremly bad and I do not want to get a truck. I love my g6. What will it take to make it "offroad" capable? I would perfer a lift to it also. Make it a little bit aggressive. Making the car be able to handle very rough roads is my goal. I have a 2006 g6 v6 sedan.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you want to spend go with coiler. You can adjust the height on those. Check with "sexyg6" he just put them on his ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not all g6's have to be street cars. Lol. I want this car to survive extremely rough roads. Is that to much to ask for?

·
Registered
474 Posts
A lift kit would be ok... but it will look very different seeing as some of use.. If you decid to lift is, pictures are a must.

·
Registered
638 Posts
you dont need to really do anything at all to it unless you have like 2' deep holes, ive had my GXP on a lot of "roads" and rivers in WY with no problems you just have to have common sense lol......however i just lowered my car on coilovers, and because ill be tking a trip to wyoming/ montana again this summer i wanted to see how high you can raise it back up, and it appears you can raise it higher than stock to where i have about 12" of ground clearance or so...........if you want an extra inch of clearance get some bigger tires you can fit at least 235/50/18s (not sure what your equivelent 17" size would be) so theres an inch or a little better more ground clearance......as other 6s come with 225/5018s as compaired to your 225/50/17s

u can prob do it with coilovers but i think your best bet will be air bags because you have to take the wheels off every time you want to adjust the height on the coilovers

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I was going to say you should look into airbags.
I'm currently looking at installing a set onto my car. At the flip of a switch you can be nice and low and good looking on nice pavement, and then lift it up all the way to clear those bad areas.

So far the only kit for the G6 that I've seen is this:
http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/fbs-pon-49-kit3.htm
But they say it'll fit the G5, G6 and Cobalt. I don't see how the G6 suspension is similar to the Cobalt or G5.

But they also have this one for the SAAB 9-3:
http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/fbs-saa-07-kit3.htm

We know a coilover kit for the 9-3 will fit our cars, so why not an airbag kit? I've tried doing research and Airbag It claim their kit's are vehicle specific and are not universal. I've sent them a couple of e-mails trying to get it all straight but have heard nothing back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts