Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FNG
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the past few months, i have noticed that my car beeps at me and the oil light comes on and then it goes away. it will sporadically continue to come on and go off as i drive the car. the last time i got the oil change they said i wasn't low (therefore no leak) and they didnt notice anything strange. within the past month, i have also noticed that for no reason my "service air bag" indicator, as well as the display screen on the radio, go off as well and then magically fix itself. has anyone had similar issues with these two indicators/alarms? or maybe just know of a computer problem with the car in general. FYI, its a 2007 G6 GT and i'm about to be at 97k miles.

·
Legend
782 Posts
I have the same issue with the airbag light but not oil. I have the 07 base. But I have no idea why it does it. Interested to see if anyone does know.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
'Oil pressure low' warning lamp could be due to an intermittent oil pressure sensor. Does it come on only while idling?

·
FNG
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it comes on randomly. sometimes right when i start the car, others after i put it in gear, and it will go on and off as i'm driving down the road.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
it comes on randomly. sometimes right when i start the car, others after i put it in gear, and it will go on and off as i'm driving down the road.
Sounds like just a bad sensor. Very cheap fix. How-to is in the Chiltons for G6 (pg 2D-4).

For the "service air bag" message you'll need to get the air bag codes read by a dealer or a shop that can read air bag codes. Normally, a dealer will want about $100 to read the codes & give you a diagnosis. Not bad for a few minutes work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts