Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my car at 40% the oil change indicator would come on. I check the other day and I'm at 34% and I have not been notified to change my oil. I know it's time, but the notice was an extra on the car. Has anyone else had this stop working? It no longet tells me "possible ice", either. I'm assuming something maybe wrong with this sensor? Go figure another minor problem. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Was at the dealer to change oil 1st time at 3 000 Kms. They stated to wait for the alert, BUT NOT MORE THAN 6 MONTHS whatever the milage.

·
Registered
169 Posts
vette79 said:
Was at the dealer to change oil 1st time at 3 000 Kms. They stated to wait for the alert, BUT NOT MORE THAN 6 MONTHS whatever the milage.
Perhaps the dealer should talk to GM. GM advises the maximum change interval is 1 year.

As do, oddly enough, some of the companies that produce the oil.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Robyn P said:
When I first got my car at 40% the oil change indicator would come on. I check the other day and I'm at 34% and I have not been notified to change my oil. I know it's time, but the notice was an extra on the car. Has anyone else had this stop working? It no longet tells me "possible ice", either. I'm assuming something maybe wrong with this sensor? Go figure another minor problem. :rolleyes:
it's highly likely that they've incorporated a "break-in" procedure where the oil needs to be changed earlier for the first one or two changes. but we'd need the details as to what mileage the light originally popped on at to know.

i wouldn't worry about it. the oil life monitor in GM vehicles is based on RPMs and heat, startups, and a few other factors that calculate oil life regardless of the vehicle it's installed in. my Saturn uses around 7 quarts of synthetic oil in a 2.0 liter engine, and with my insanely hard driving, went 7500 miles before it came on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts