Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
It depends on temperature, and several other factors, not just distance.

I have around 3500kms and it's showing 34% already.

I'll get it changed sooner anyways, since my first one is free and to flush out engine trash.

· Registered
54 Posts
vette79 said:
You have to be aware of this computor. When you play around with the radio, it's easy to reset the oil warning to zero.

On Grand Am, the procedure to reset the monitor to zero could'nt happen accidently. It was much more complicated.

This radio warning is not as safe. If you accidently reset to zero, than you loose all the real data.

Best thing is to follow instructions in the owners book. Weather, type of driving are important factors, so the old formula is still the best for me. 5,000 miles at all time. Than GM would'nt be able to back off from it's warrenties.

It's up to you, but I still do what I did for the last 30 years. 5,000 miles all the time....
It's the last option in the config menu. I don't see how you can accidentally reset it, unless you're REALLY playing with it...

· Registered
54 Posts
DIC Oil Life calculation doesn't solely depend on driving patterns and distance. It'll run out faster if it's cold as well.

We've been seeing sub-zero temperatures here in Toronto, and mine's down to 28% with only 3600kms.

But I suspect there's a problem with the thermostat on my car. It was snowing and it told me it's 5 degrees :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.