Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Lampoon i read somewhere that spacers can cause premature hub and bearings wear? have you heard anything on this? i was all about making my stance just a bit wider and more aggressive til i read up on that..just lookin for your 2¢
Probably true because you are shifting the load outboard creating a larger moment arm. The amount of life you will loose to this is probably negligible though.

· Registered
209 Posts
The thing is, it is all about where your load line is centered over your bearing. With pooner's wheels, the offset might be different then stock and with the spacer it puts the load line back where it should be. Then again it could go the opposite way. 1mm makes a difference. Let alone 5. But for the application, it shouldn't be a noticeable issue. I work with semi truck axles, and shifting that load even a quarter of an inch can reduce the bearing life by up to 23% in some cases. Though it is a much more dramatic case since trucks are handling 80,000lb GCWs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.