Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 190 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
:glasses: Thanks!!!

I think i forgot to post a few more mods.

After warranty installed Trunk Monkey:

and my speedo guage....:

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
thats funny i got those commericals on my computer lol

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
yeah...Its a hobby. Keeps me busy.

Almost ready for my new wheel!!

The bag is just sitting on it. Its not snapped in ....yet!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Steering Wheel...deploy airbag?

Hey Lampoon.....(this may be a dumb question from a newbie) But did you have to deploy ur airbag in order to change out the steering wheel? :confused:

I am looking at trying to upgrade to the steering wheel mounted radio controls and was told by the dealer that they couldn't do it because of the airbag. Any help would be much obliged!

Now if I could just find the newer stereo with the Aux (or 6 disk) and additional text for a decent price.......argh!!

~ERock

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
Maybe when your not using manual it wont light up and then when you do its prob going to light up and the others wont???

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Cause there is no light under it. lol

Hey Lampoon.....(this may be a dumb question from a newbie) But did you have to deploy ur airbag in order to change out the steering wheel? :confused:

I am looking at trying to upgrade to the steering wheel mounted radio controls and was told by the dealer that they couldn't do it because of the airbag. Any help would be much obliged!

Now if I could just find the newer stereo with the Aux (or 6 disk) and additional text for a decent price.......argh!!

~ERock
If they told you that then they are trully stupid and you should find a new stealership. No...DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DEPLOY YOUR BAG.
You can remove the bag and your wheel easy cheesy.
They can too.
Do u have the 4 spoke wheel now?

Here are a few old pix where I was playing with a 4 spoker controlled up steering wheel but I am going with the 3 spoke.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Steering Wheel Stereo Controls

If they told you that then they are trully stupid and you should find a new stealership. No...DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DEPLOY YOUR BAG.
You can remove the bag and your wheel easy cheesy.
They can too.
Do u have the 4 spoke wheel now?

Here are a few old pix where I was playing with a 4 spoker controlled up steering wheel but I am going with the 3 spoke.
I actually have the 3 spoke design, but just want to gain the steering wheel mounted stereo controls for obvious reasons. Do I need to run a harness or is it already pre wired for the controls? Also, could you possible guide me through the steering wheel removal with the airbag situation etc (looks like you have had lots of practice judging by your excellent work)?

Thanks In Advance!:D

Sorry, didn't mean to Jack your Thread, but your ride just inspires!!

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Took this one at our G6 meet and greet last weekend. The reflection of the tree limbs was hypnotic.

Here I am at Texas State...my alma mater:

and Ive been playing with my car today....can you tell?
Crappy cell phone camera FTW!! lol

21 - 40 of 190 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.