Pontiac G6 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 190 Posts

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
lampoon awesome car dude. just a few questions?
1- where did you get the mud flaps? whats the website/part number?
2- how hard is it to remove the steering wheel(3 spoke) i have a white theme/red theme going on and want to paint the silver parts white?
Thanks and keep up the good work

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
lampoon awesome car dude. just a few questions?
1- where did you get the mud flaps? whats the website/part number?
2- how hard is it to remove the steering wheel(3 spoke) i have a white theme/red theme going on and want to paint the silver parts white?
Thanks and keep up the good work
1. http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4259&highlight=mud+flaps

2. There are two holes on the back sides of your wheel. You will have to turn the wheel a tad to access them. I sued a nail but a small screwdriver will work....put it in the hole till you hit the clip inside. Your going to want to aim it toward the interior of the steering wheel and then manuver the tool or nail outward. This will release the catch. The trick is holding it that fraction of an inch from it relatching itself just long enough for your to dissengage the other side. Then your done. You wont have to disconnect the bag.
You will then have access to remove he bolt holding your controler housing in.

You can see the bolt location here:

Also you will need a very small flat bladed instrument to dissengage the clip snaps in the back housing for the controls to pull out.

You can see they are both about the same on the back.

I lifted on these 4 points and was able to pull & remove the controls from the housing:

I wish you luck... Insert all disclaimers here. I recommedn you have a professional do it...yadda yadda yadda...etc etc etc...& be careful. ;)

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
thanks a lot i might do it. i really want o add to the interior styling like yours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also, related question to this pic, not sure if my question really belongs in the photo threads but w/e. I have that wheel with the cruise control options on the left side, but I don't have the sound options on the right hand side. My car has the monsoon sound package, so I would THINK the wiring is there. If I were to want to go about getting a plugin to put the audio controls on the wheel, it seems like you would be the person to ask about how to do it. Thoughts?

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
^^ And how much did they cost?

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
haha pooners took them off a car that was wrecked is my guess?

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
Concept Darts FTW! Third Shift Studios?

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
yup....Email Jaison at:
[email protected] if you want a set.

I recommend you paint them yourself. Mine peeled in ONE DAY.

So I stripped it, etched/sanded- primed/painted then cleared it myself.

Clicky here for his site.

I paid $120 for the pair. Tell him I said he would beat that price. Who knows...it may work!!

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
Wow alot of work but they look great! I might throw a set on my G8 GT ;)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks sweet man!

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Ya, does look sick.
March huh, thats a bit of a delay. lol.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
yup....Email Jaison at:
[email protected] if you want a set.

I recommend you paint them yourself. Mine peeled in ONE DAY.

So I stripped it, etched/sanded- primed/painted then cleared it myself.

Clicky here for his site.

I paid $120 for the pair. Tell him I said he would beat that price. Who knows...it may work!!

Did you get these installed?????????

61 - 80 of 190 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.