Pontiac G6 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
David- http://stores.ebay.com/brake-outfitter?_trksid=p4340.l2563
Contact them and tell them what you want. They will have it made.

Mike- I love them.....It took me about 5 times of adjusting them to get them perfect though.

Its best to follow the instructions. lol

Use a garage door at night and match up the angles/heights on both sides where the line arc's down. Ignore trying to match the midddles (if that makes sense).

I bought new HID's for it.....they are in a box in the garage. ha haa One of my many mods just waiting for me to install....but Im not in any big hurry as its just fine as is.

Im sure the HID's will be even better. I got 8k for lows and 6k for the highs.

I test fit the brembos yesterday. I just lifted up the old caliper as I didnt want to
open the line and have to rebleed it. Diameter wise I have about 1 1/4 to spare.
It fit and the wheel turned until I torq'ed on the lugs. It barley touches the inside leading edge. Enough to scrape my beautiful paint job off! AAHHHHHHHH

New rotors - went with slotted. I dont want the whir sound anymore that is so prominent with the drilled.

See difference in Cobalt SS and our stocker size?

new rotor and caliper is on....

It fits!!

aarrrgggg....or so I thought till it was torqed tight....

Ordered some 5mm spacers. Hopefully I dont have to swap out lugs. Ill find out soon....but its gonna look sweet.

The company I was dealing with on making us SS braided upgraded brake lines wont reply to my emails now. uughhhh

Soooo the brembo upgrade is again on standby till my spacers get here!!

I also need to pick up some new pads for it.

·
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Thanks!

5mm Spacers are in.....pads and a few hours of my time are all that's needed now!

This week will be kinda busy so Im guessing it will be in October before Ole Blue is brembo'd up.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Just went page through page of this thread for probably the third time since joining the site. Speechless everytime...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Lampoon i read somewhere that spacers can cause premature hub and bearings wear? have you heard anything on this? i was all about making my stance just a bit wider and more aggressive til i read up on that..just lookin for your 2¢

·
Registered
208 Posts
Lampoon i read somewhere that spacers can cause premature hub and bearings wear? have you heard anything on this? i was all about making my stance just a bit wider and more aggressive til i read up on that..just lookin for your 2¢
Probably true because you are shifting the load outboard creating a larger moment arm. The amount of life you will loose to this is probably negligible though.

·
Registered
911 Posts
see thats the kind of things that make me nervous...i don't really want a modification that strains my OEM parts. if it is indeed a negligible strain..then i'd need some proof i guess or evidence that someone has run their g6 with 5mm+ spacers and haven't had to replace hub ends, bearings, etc (given there was no abnormal/premature wear prior to the spacers)

·
Registered
208 Posts
The thing is, it is all about where your load line is centered over your bearing. With pooner's wheels, the offset might be different then stock and with the spacer it puts the load line back where it should be. Then again it could go the opposite way. 1mm makes a difference. Let alone 5. But for the application, it shouldn't be a noticeable issue. I work with semi truck axles, and shifting that load even a quarter of an inch can reduce the bearing life by up to 23% in some cases. Though it is a much more dramatic case since trucks are handling 80,000lb GCWs.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
see thats the kind of things that make me nervous...i don't really want a modification that strains my OEM parts. if it is indeed a negligible strain..then i'd need some proof i guess or evidence that someone has run their g6 with 5mm+ spacers and haven't had to replace hub ends, bearings, etc (given there was no abnormal/premature wear prior to the spacers)
your on the wrong website if you want proof. check out the german threads. the vw's they do a lot with the spacers because of the "flush" look they all want to achieve. i would say you'll find more info there sense there arent to many here using the spacers. ask cookie on G6P about his spacers he's running 25mm.

·
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Finally got my brembos done & on the car. I snagged some DuraGold (sp?) ceramic pads and I used the antisqueel on the backs of them.

I also dropped some speed bleeders on them and while those only work like 90% it does indeed allow you to easily bleed them. So with them I was successful in flushing out all the old fluid from the lines.

My rims almost cleared but it was so close I did indeed end up using the 5mm spacer.

So far I have had them on for one day and I cant get this goofy grin off my face!

These brembos look HUGE on my 17's.....:D

The new rotors are slotted only. I had enough of dimpled and drilled. I was just never comfortable with the WHIR sound they produce at certain RPM's....

These bad boys are quiet and (so far) are working better than before. :beer:

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
The kinds of dirty things I'd do to your car...

Not a fan of the enlarged sidewall size though :p

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
Its sick bud. Always has been

141 - 160 of 190 Posts