Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide me with the wiring schematics for the OnStar module and the 6 disc changer radio? I want to install a bluetooth kit but need this info to make it happen...thanks...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's AWESOME thank you so mucH!

but i have a dilemma. I don't see a radio mute wire. I need to hook up the mute control wire of my bluetooth kit to the radio mute wire so it mutes the radio output when the kit is activated...

is that signal sent over the GMLAN wires? if so, do you have any idea how i can make this work?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Actually I don't know what you would use a bluetooth kit (what does it do?) but there are 3 different types of mutes I can think of in the vehicle. One is the amplifier mute which the radio controls which did show up in information I provided. Second is the mute function off the steering wheel controls (actually I forgot that since you have new 3-spoke steering wheel that optional audio controls don't have a mute function available - and thus radio isn't configured to allow one). Finally as you thought over GMLAN there is some type of "audio arbitration" that occurs which allows OnStar to take over control of radio's audio output.

I don't think I am helping much :(

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
basically, the bluetooth kit is a hands free kit for my phone. it hooks into the audio output of the radio to broadcast incoming calls over the stereo, similar to onstar. the mute control would send a signal to the radio to mute the cd, radio, xm, whatever is playing and broadcast only the phone signals. unfortunately, this radio doesn't appear to have that feature, so i might have to rework this project. ARGH!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ah, so you were planning to wire the output of your bluetooth module into an aux audio input jack of the radio and by "hard wire" command the radio to "shut up" with mute input so that radio would switch over and play your alternative audio source?

Yes I am pretty sure that won't work because you won't be able to control the radio like you want to.

Just curious - does your vehicle have either XM or OnStar or both? Do you subscribe to either?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
e2helper said:
Ah, so you were planning to wire the output of your bluetooth module into an aux audio input jack of the radio and by "hard wire" command the radio to "shut up" with mute input so that radio would switch over and play your alternative audio source?

Yes I am pretty sure that won't work because you won't be able to control the radio like you want to.

Just curious - does your vehicle have either XM or OnStar or both? Do you subscribe to either?
I have both, and I subscribe to both.

And i wasn't really gonna add the kit as an aux feed, but rather I was gonna piggyback onstar...it will work perfectly except for the lack of that mute control wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ragingfish,

I am currently working on the same project. What bluetooth kit are you using? I am using the Parrot MK6100 so I can play my iPod with a bluetooth adapter and also take calls.

I have found that there are some third party kits that will do all the wiring for you! I bought this one but found it didn't work for my G6..

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=GMCSS-2

I am looking to find the right one currently but since have had no luck... I believe it is this one, but was looking on this forum to see if anyone knew for sure..

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=gmcss-3

I didn't want to do the work myself so had bestbuy do it the first time... So I don't know if this adapter will work because I didn't see the back of my unit.. do you think looking at the adapter, it might fit?

I will probably do the work myself the second time I do it.

Also what year is your G6?

mek_man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts