Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 G6GT with the Blacktie stereo (the new standard stereo for most GM cars since 2006)

Anyway, I have OnStar (probably going to keep it) and the steering wheel controls. I'm thinking about replacing the system with touch screen stereo like a few of you guys have. My concern is that if I change the stereo I'll lose functionality with the controls and OnStar.

Has anyone else done this or can confirm or ease my worries?

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
if your willing to pay the extra money both features can be fully functional. I know i do most of my purchases through crutchfield.com so you can see if they carry the head unit you are looking for and then i believe you can get both the steering wheel controls and the onstar hookups, all you would need to do is wire them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice and the site ref.
I looked up the one you have (very nice) but i'm looking for a stationary one, like the stock GM touch screen.

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
thanks and your welcome.

but basically regardless of the head unit, its all about the wires, im not positive but i think you can do it with all head units. its just a matter of getting the wires and hooking it up, for mine i didnt want to spend the money because i dont have onstar anymore and never used the steering wheel controls, so i didnt get either one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts