Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh man those wheels are nice! I would be interested in a set but I think I found a different set of wheels I'm really looking into.

Would you happen to know anything about Wobble Nuts?
http://www.tulipcitywheels.com/tcwstore/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1730
The wheels I want only come in 5x112 and 5x114.3
I'm thinking these can work as a safe and useful alternative. What do you think?
I would think they would be okay as long as you use hub rings with the wheels. Just make sure you keep a check on the lug nuts to make sure they stay tight. Alot of the VW/Audi guys use them.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The wheels are hubcentric and they seem to be close to that of the G6 hub...
If I do them I'll definitely keep an eye on the lug nuts. Here's a pic of em..

They may be a little generic looking, but they don't really have a lip on them and I like how it curves in towards the center.
There's also this set them I'm looking at....

But I was starting to stray from these because I don't think they would suit the G6 as well...

·
Registered
130 Posts
The wheels are hubcentric and they seem to be close to that of the G6 hub...
If I do them I'll definitely keep an eye on the lug nuts. Here's a pic of em..

They may be a little generic looking, but they don't really have a lip on them and I like how it curves in towards the center.
There's also this set them I'm looking at....

But I was starting to stray from these because I don't think they would suit the G6 as well...
When I was looking for wheels I really like the second set. I wanted them but they did not come in the right bolt pattern. Most of the really nice rims did not have the right pattern. Smh. Looking for wheels for this car is a pain

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I'm leaning more towards the first wheels, I like them better. I found the second set in my bolt pattern used from Saab owners. But because the pattern is close enough I think I'll go with those wobble nuts. Thing is the smallest they come is 19" and I don't want the tires to have a tiny tiny profile. And the car is lowered so I'm not too sure about all of the fitment and looks i'm looking for, But i'm sure I can figure something out

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Is that Example G6 you showed lowered? It's hard to tell if it's lowered or just has large enough wheels to fill the gap.
I found tires on tirerack.com for the same price as the tires I have on there now. Maybe a little more.
From what I could figure out hubcentric wheels are designed to sit on the hub ring so the wheel is perfectly centered. Where as regular wheels could potentially move around a tad if the bolt-pattern isn't correct. More likely happens to mag wheels that use the mag ring on the lug nuts.

Wobble nuts are made in such a way that the inside is seperate from the outside, IE the threads can move about 1.2mm to the side while keeping the nut itself square with the hub and wheel, so it still locks in with the taper.
Here's a pic that can give a better idea:

A website I found says I can fit a 5x108 wheel on a 5x110 hub, so I figure I can put a 5x112 wheel on a 5x110 hub. I emailed the sellers with no reply yet...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is that Example G6 you showed lowered? It's hard to tell if it's lowered or just has large enough wheels to fill the gap.
I found tires on tirerack.com for the same price as the tires I have on there now. Maybe a little more.
From what I could figure out hubcentric wheels are designed to sit on the hub ring so the wheel is perfectly centered. Where as regular wheels could potentially move around a tad if the bolt-pattern isn't correct. More likely happens to mag wheels that use the mag ring on the lug nuts.

Wobble nuts are made in such a way that the inside is seperate from the outside, IE the threads can move about 1.2mm to the side while keeping the nut itself square with the hub and wheel, so it still locks in with the taper.
Here's a pic that can give a better idea:

A website I found says I can fit a 5x108 wheel on a 5x110 hub, so I figure I can put a 5x112 wheel on a 5x110 hub. I emailed the sellers with no reply yet...
He is lowered on a Eibach Pro-Kit.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Great! That's good news! Because my springs are a tiny tad lower, but it means I can go even lower once I bag it :D

Can you tell I'm obsessed with lowering now? Ever since my friend talked me into it, And seeing how dramatically it changed the look of a car I just need to do it to every car I have. Perfect fitment style. HellaFlush!

Good example of HellaFlush:

In fact here's a whole blog with pics of cars that are HellaFlush ~CLICKY!~

1 - 18 of 18 Posts