Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you there bigbengt67. The Horse power needs to be brought up a lot, they should put a supercharged v6, not just an inline 4. IMO i think the styling is off the hook, it kind of reminds me of the BMW Z4.

·
Registered
557 Posts
^ GM has had test mules out using both supercharged versions of the 2.4 Ecotec and the 2.0 Ecotec (from the Cobalt SS and Ion Redline). So we can guess that there will be at least a 205 HP version coming. I haven't heard the numbers on the 2.4, but I'm guessing it could be somewhere around 240 or so. Right now the power to weight ratio (2860 lbs and 177 HP) are similar to our G6's, which isn't all that impressive, neither is the 7.2 sec 0-60 estimate. Hopefully the performance versions will be out before December 2006 when I need one!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree that a more powerfull version needs to be made, but I do not agree that that means the current one needs more power. Having more than one model would probably be smart to keep the low end buyers happy. Right now though the performance oriented people will find the car lacking. But I'm sure Pontiac will solve the problem in the next year or so.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like it! But with two kids can't own it.

This car looks awesome. You can't beat the price that's for sure.

Man all you single guys and gals should step up and buy this car. I believe it is a serious contender to Mazda Miatas, BMW Z-3/Z-4, Honda S2000 and the like genre. Wish I didn't have to own a sedan. If I hit the lottery I would probably buy one just as a weekend car.

Man looking at that Solstice makes me miss my BMW M Roadster! :bawl:

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
I like it I think there is alot of things that owners will be able to do to make it custom. I wish it would come with a little more power.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I like some of the styling, but I think the back up lights look cheap and tacky. Also, I feel the Saturn Sky Roadster is the better looknig of the two models.

I need to see one in front of my eyes before I make a decision.

·
Registered
488 Posts
It looks nice. I was talking to a salesman about one when I was buying my G6, he said there might be an issue with the convertible top. The way it seals the back behind those two humps behind the seats, he said there might be some problems with that down the road.

Mike

·
Registered
210 Posts
You know after more thinking about this topic I really like the lines of the car I think it would be fun to have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think that car is absolutly amazing! I love the "jet fighter" look behind the seats.
Even though it's only 177HP, at 2800lbs, it's gotta be extremly agile. I bet it's a blast to drive on a windy road.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it looks great, right up there with the lotus Elise, even in horsepower, remember this car is not as heavy as the G6, and 170 hp is going to move that thing pretty quickly. The Elise has 190hp and that thing is freaking fast. Anyways a 4cyl with a supercharger should be enough to grab people's attention.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think it looks "kewl" - just the kind of thing I would buy (given I had the $). I've always wanted a rag top. This would indeed fit the bill! I look forward to seeing them on the road when the time comes...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts