Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for wheels for the spring. I don't want the same thing i see everywhere else. I will be looking and bouncing some ideas off you all to see what you think.

I have a Black 08 GT Coupe and i intend to go with 18" with a 235/45/18 tire.

Here are the first two contenders. Honest opinions please. The one on the left is black, it just appears a little grey in the pic.

Attachments

·
Rider
12 Posts
I would go with the one on the right and get 245/40/18 tires instead. cuzzz the Diameter Difference will be less. Also it will look better and you will feel the difference on handling.

my honest opinion, good luck :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
i like the first choice.

but, on a side note, does anyone know where i can find a photo to the factory GM window deflectors? i wanna know how the compair to the AVS ones.

·
Registered
146 Posts
More choices....damn, the more i look the harder it gets. There are soooooo many choices.

Not sure about the coloured lip, but it's different
those are beautiful things, well, except for the third set. i think the third are more like something on concept cars.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I would totally get that third set in the 2nd posting if they matched my car color. I wonder if its possible to custom paint over the red.

EDIT: The bolt pattern doesn't fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would totally get that third set in the 2nd posting if they matched my car color. I wonder if its possible to custom paint over the red.

EDIT: The bolt pattern doesn't fit.
Thanks everyone. Yeah, the 3rd one caught my eye, but i'm not sure. The site i got it from does say that they have that rim for the G6, just maybe not a pic of the actual G6 rim.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Either of the wheels from the first set would look amazing on a black coupe. I would probably go with the wheel on the right from your original post.

·
Registered
113 Posts
1st post 2nd rim or 2nd post 2nd rim imo

·
Registered
278 Posts
i like the 2nd rim on the 2nd post. depending on the look you'er going for the 3rd rim on the 2nd post has always been one of my favs.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
my favorite would be the first one is the second set of rims you posted.

in my opinion, 5 spokes looks the best on our cars, and that red stripe will accent your car nicely!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Few More

OK...a few more selections. I think i have an idea of what i want.

I leaning towards the 1st and 4th choices here and the left from my first post...here i added it for ease.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
To be honest the best thing on our cars that I have seen are aluminum race rims, they just set the car off right as if you take a look at the ones on mine if you view into my garage photos, but like they said it depends what look you are trying to achieve. It is suppose to show you and your style, that is what sets the car off from others.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now i'm on the fence about which way to go. I was originally thinking of 18's an a lowering kit, but i'm now considering 20's...can i still go with the 1.5/1.75 lowering kit if go with the 20's?

Here's the latest selections...in 20" I'm really feeling the first one from Lexani

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would go with the 18's and a lowering kit. I don't think the 20" wheels would fit after it was lowered an inch and a half.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts