Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool got the pictures to work thnx for the advice!

stock car no modifications

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First Mod Project completed.... went the easy route and painted the engine and battery covers. definitely a good project to start on, gets me motivated to start working on the rest of the car!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
u've motivated me to paint mine now haha maybe ill get it so that it matches the car?? :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yah ive seen some pretty sweet ones, im sure you'll find something that rocks your car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just taped off the lettering and the stuff i wanted to stay black, and got a 9 dollar or so can of red engine enamel by rust-off. its good up to 500 degrees.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so im looking for suggestions on what i should do next. somewhere down the road im getting the AIT ground effects kit and a spoiler, so im holding off on painting the car until i receive those so i can do it all in one shot. thinking about either intake or exhaust, im relatively new to car modification, which would be the easier of the 2? also thinking about paining my calipers.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
thnx! dont really have the cash to do what i want to atm, im looking at prolly 3k-4k to finish her, but i'll get there eventually.
Since summer time finally got here, you might want to do tint next. I spent double and got the ceramic-based tint, which keeps the car somewhat cooler than the metal-based films. It also doesn't impact the radio reception, though I only listen to XM.

Painting the calipers is easy and fairly cheap. Make sure to get some brake cleaner and some wire brushes and cleaning rags to prep the calipers first. Set aside a full day as you want to give the paint 24 hours to dry.

I've been doing my interior painting in stages. I started with the radio and A/C knobs to see how I liked them, then went to the chrome rings around the air outlets and a few other trim pieces. I did the shifter bezel and chrome trim below the shift knob when I put in the iPod adapter. Last week I did the door handles and steering wheel inserts. The only thing left is the chrome trim on the instrument cluster, the chrome ring on the brake handle, and figuring out what if anything to do about the chrome on the shift knob. Though I am also contemplating pulling off the trim around the door lock knobs and window switches and painting those.

Once you get the interior and accessories painted, it may help you better decide on the exterior paint scheme.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Since summer time finally got here, you might want to do tint next. I spent double and got the ceramic-based tint, which keeps the car somewhat cooler than the metal-based films. It also doesn't impact the radio reception, though I only listen to XM.

Painting the calipers is easy and fairly cheap. Make sure to get some brake cleaner and some wire brushes and cleaning rags to prep the calipers first. Set aside a full day as you want to give the paint 24 hours to dry.

I've been doing my interior painting in stages. I started with the radio and A/C knobs to see how I liked them, then went to the chrome rings around the air outlets and a few other trim pieces. I did the shifter bezel and chrome trim below the shift knob when I put in the iPod adapter. Last week I did the door handles and steering wheel inserts. The only thing left is the chrome trim on the instrument cluster, the chrome ring on the brake handle, and figuring out what if anything to do about the chrome on the shift knob. Though I am also contemplating pulling off the trim around the door lock knobs and window switches and painting those.

Once you get the interior and accessories painted, it may help you better decide on the exterior paint scheme.

~ MattInSoCal
thnx for the advice...i think i may do the tint next since u brought it up...it does get rather bright in my car, and im sure the kid wouldnt mind not having sun in his eyes :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Car hobby can defenitely get expensive but there are things you can do that are inexpensive & can make a big difference. Could just be a temp solution. The pics are a couple examples.
i was looking into getting the trim on the grill, i thought it looked sharp and was jsut waiting on payday to get it done

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.