Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased an 05 Liquid Silver G6 GT on March 17th in northern lower Michigan. We like the car so far with 5500 miles on it. The tires shake and cause the steering wheel to shimmy. Very noticeable above 45 mph on smooth roads and it gets worse at Interstate speeds. This is a separate issue from the first 10 or so miles of cold tire thump from sitting overnite. We are still trying to get a good set. Will post results as soon as next set are installed.

Again, we like the car and hope to get this Continental tire issue solved soon.

I would recommend this car. We got the smaller sunroof because it has more headroom in the back seat. I am 6'3" and can sit in the back seat.

Where is the compass? Too expensive for the General to install in a $27,000 car? Not even an option. :confused:

Onstar is a fun novelty but we will not pay the subscription after the trial first year is up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm the same way. The OnStar is great, but I'm not spending 16 bucks a month on speculation.

XM I want installed, I can at least recontinue if I ever discontinue.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rear seat head and legroom were big factors for me at 6'4" as well. I really liked the Gran Prix but couldn't sit upright in the rear seat.

Ours in V6 (not GT) and so we have Uniroyal tires (not my personal favorite) but they have exhibited none of the flat spotting you mention.

I also agree that OnStar is over priced for our uses and we don't have it. I wonder how effective the telephone feature is? One of the ads used to be of someone who lived in a remote area and used it because it could get a signal where the larger carriers could not.

Anyhow, good luck with it and welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts