Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
STEEERING NIGHTMARE>
Have just found your postings and I realize that your issue is resolved, but I would appreciate any help in this matter. I'am today filing complaints at any sight we can find. Daughter owns 2005 Pontiac G6 16000 miles. First incident with car was when turning right while on hill, loud noise and popping then steering locked and she ran over curb. Took this car to the dealer they gave her rental, called her to pick up car said there was nothing wrong she must have hydroplaned( sp). Second time this happened she was in down town traffic when steering locked the car proceeded into on coming traffic. Luckily steering returned and she was spared a awful accident. Took back to dealership. Dealership called yesterday and told her to come in to pick up car. When she got there they told her they could find nothing wrong, That they had computer on board for her to take it and push a red button when the steering problem returned. (Hmmmm wonder if she was suppose to hit this button while trying to avoid accident or after the ambulance got there.). She told them she did not feel comfortable doing this she was scared to drive the car. They said well some one has to do it. She ask the head man in dept if they were telling her the car was safe to drive they said they could not tell her that. She refused to take the car.

Concerned mother
If this does not give me nightmares the other daughter also drives G6. Which a whole other set of problems.

· Registered
105 Posts
Registery

Hello, I not an expert, but I think that there should be a thread for a registry where all owners with the steering problem could register their VIN, Name and State and email infos.

I think that Carissa249 suceeded to get her car changed if there is some paperwoek like a GM documents stating anything usefull it should be scanned and posted on that registry

If I ever get my GTP pucrchased back from GM I will crate a site and post all relative documents so that other owners will be able to use this documentation for their own cases.

But meanwhile a rigistery could help to put pressure on GM.

As I mentioned elsewhere, if I'm intelligent enough to find G6 forums en the WEB, GM is intelligent enough to do the same.

I'm very shure that all car manufacturors have employees who's job is to monitor all that written on their products.

The WEB and forums are quite recent and we have the possbilities to find informations that we could'nt 5/7 years ago.
Now GM and others also know that we share informations and I'm positively shure that some staff is monitering everything we write. And they are affraid of that information exchange. This is shurely why there are no complaints record anywhere, even though many of us did complaint. They are playing hide and seek.

Finaly if the idea of a registrery is feasable, there should by others for the Panoramic and the 6 speeder.

It would shurely be very interesting to find how many of us have a problem for those 3 situations.

As it is now, all the infos. is spread all around and no one can quantify the number of unsatisfied owners.

Thanks.

· Registered
5 Posts
Just an update. Daughter went back to dealership armed with complaints listed with NHTSA and ask them about them. They said there is no complaints listed, she then handed them a copy of the report. Well needless to say a GM rep was called who then asked for copies. Daughter was told to meet with him tomorrow at dealership. We will see what happens.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi , I'm new to this computers stuff , but my 2006 G6 power steering has gone out twice and locked up once. It has been repaired, and GUARANTEED to be fixed by an employee from GM out of Memphis, TN. He said that it was a sensor at the end of the streeing column and the power steering only went out at low speeds. Well he was wrong, it was not fixed and went out again at 50 mph. So your not alone, I know exactly what you are going through, and we have now contacted a lawyer.

· Registered
1 Posts
I've got an 06 G6 -- steering problems began last September -- The steering would kind of "catch" when turning at times pulling the steering wheel right out of my hands. Every time it happened we called the dealership -- they said they hadn't heard of any such problem! When the car was left there and they started it up in the morning -- no problem. Finally last week the power steering went out completely -- like trying to turn a '52 Buick -- REALLY stiff! When it went out the info panel showed a power steering error message. Took it back in -- got it today -- the service order states
"Replace Steering Column Assembly" -- guess there really WAS something wrong with it and not just in my head!! Kind of afraid when driving now -- hope this fixed it -- we'll wait and see.

· Registered
3 Posts
steering

I got a 2005 Pontiac G6 last march, it was used, only 7900 miles, :confused::confused:but it had all the extras and that awesome 4 split sunroof, i took it back to the dealership 3 times because the speaker buzzed, and finally they replaced it on the fourth time because they said they were tired of seeing my car in the shop. Other than that the steering is fine, the turning radius is a little short, Id like it to be a bit tighter on turns, and it does have a buzzing under the steering wheel, i figured it was just something loose under there, Id hate to have to take it back for something else. :confused:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.