Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
kristysg6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the outside temperature sensor/thermocouple is located? Mine was reading high/then low. Now its stays at 147 F. lol I called the dealership. Thy said it was in the air dam but I couldn't see it anywhere. Please help! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Temperature Sensor

I can't tell you the location of the sensor, but about 2 years ago, after an oil change at the dealer on my 2006 G6, when I drove home the temp display was stuck on a temperature reading that was abnormal for that time of year. It seemed to clear up on its own after a day and did not happen again until today.

I just drove out of the same dealer after an oil change, and the display is stuck at 16 F. It is 32 F outside. I called the dealer and as usual, they know nothing about this problem.

I will watch it for a day or 2 and if it doesn't reset, I will take it back. It is hard to tell if it is actually the sensor or perhaps the program that samples, reads and then displays the sensor measurement.

·
kristysg6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:(Still got the same problem! But now it reads 136.. help me:confused:

Does anyone know where the outside temperature sensor/thermocouple is located? Mine was reading high/then low. Now its stays at 147 F. lol I called the dealership. They said it was in the air dam but I couldn't see it anywhere. Please help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts