Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i noticed my car running a little warmer than usual. and this past weekend on my way to ft worth from houston my thermostat almost pegged out, then it went back to normal. so i pulled over and checked everything. my coolant level is fine. radiator isn't leaking and has good pressure. radiator fans are running fine. thermostat looks ok. what else could it be? and now my battery is dead. wtf can anyone help me out?

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
Bugs and dust/dirt can build up between the radiator and condenser stopping air from going through. try pressure washing through the radiator. Careful not to bend the fins over. Also might be the thermostat not opening all the way.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Here is a TSB I found.

Bulletin No.: 07-06-02-001B

Date: June 29, 2007

TECHNICAL
Subject:
EI07034 - 3.5L LZ4, 3.9L LZ8, LZ9, LZE, P0128, P0117, P0118, Thermostat, Loss of Coolant, Overheating, Doesn't Reach Operating Temperature, Insufficient Heat (Engineering Information)

Models:
2006-2007 Buick Terraza
2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala, Malibu, Monte Carlo, Uplander
2006-2007 Pontiac G6, Montana SV6
2006-2007 Saturn Relay

with 3.5L or 3.9L Engine (VINs N, R, 1, K - RPOs LZ4, LZ8, LZ9, LZE)

Supercede:

This bulletin is being updated to close the EI and provide corrective action information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-06-02-001A (Section 06 - Engine).

Condition

Some customers may comment on any of the following concerns:

MIL on

Insufficient heat to the passenger compartment at idle

Loss of coolant

Engine overheating

Correction

Diagnose the condition following the information found in published Service Information (SI). Refer to the following documents:

Bulletin 07-06-02-003, Intermittent Check Engine Light On, DTC P0128

PIC4301, Poor Heat at Idle

·
Electric Blue
21 Posts
IDK if you had it fixed or not, but I wanted to say that my G6 had a small coolant leak that only appeared when I parked outside the garage and the car was on a small angle. That's when it leaked, the dealer had done sooo many testes with the radiator and they did not believe me until i brought in pictures and a jar full of coolant when i parked it outside. After they finally replaced the radiator, the car never heated right again. When i sat at red lights, the heat temp dropped literally 75 degrees and the dealer gave me the readings of this and said gm considers anything under 80 normal, even though it had never done it before they replaced the radiator. Hope you got yours figured out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.