Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, My name is Jonathan. I'm about to pick up my recent purchase in a few hours. It's a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT. I joined the forum in hopes that this car won't have the flaws that I've seen on some sites and I can contribute to here periodically. I do have one question. I haven't driven a car in awhile as we've been a 1 vehicle family for a few years, "mini-van". When I test drove the car I couldn't help but notice something and I couldn't find anything in the manuals about it. When you start the vehicle are the gauges suppose spike and then go back down? Is it a self test? I can't remember if my old car did that or not though I believe it did. I feel really stupid but I'd love to see what you guys have to say. I'm hoping it's not electrical although it is used it's "GM Certified". Any replies would be appreciated and I look forward to talking to you guys in the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! Much appreciated. I'll have pics and what not up soon. I'll also be adding my signature to my posts soon. Sorry I didn't do that already. Haven't been in a forum in awhile.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Haha I just figured it was something cool Pontiac did (my 05 Grand Prix did it also). Kinda reminds me of back when the Dallas Cowboys' entire offensive line used to stand up and crouch back down moments before the snap :p

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have no problems with my '06 G6 GT! Mind you, it has lower miles as it's more of a second/third vehicle. It's had a couple minor problems that I've had to take it into the dealer for. Search for the thread on dealership experiences and you'll get a few thoughts about some problems that owners have had. You can also check out http://autos.msn.com for ratings and reviews, as well as the NHTSA website.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts