Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my check engine light came on today and the computer was throwing 2 codes, P0030 (O2 heater control circuit, bank 1 sensor 1), and P0135 (O2 heater circuit, bank 1 sensor 1).

I went to the acdelco parts website and it shows my car takes the following two O2 sensors:

SENSOR,HTD OXY(POSN 2)
Part Number: 213-1574
Product Notes:
Heated Oxygen Sensor (Position 3)
Post converter
Per Vehicle: 1; Years: 2006-2007

SENSOR ASM-HTD OXY (POSN 1)
Part Number: 213-3541
Product Notes:
Heated Oxygen Sensor (Position 1)
In exh manifold/crossover

My question is do I need the first or second one? I would assume the second because it says position 1, does position 1 mean the same as bank 1?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
ac/delco #213-3541 is the precat sensor & the one u want but assuming u have a V6 & given their likely age I'd replace both precat sensors now. HO2 sensors get lazy with age.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Hey Greenman.....I had a few codes and Im down to the last one -
p0054.
Ive changed out the thermostat, temp sensor and all 4 Oxygen sensors....

Whats next??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greenman- thanks for writing back. I had a friend help me change the other 02 sensor about 6 months ago. I should have changed them both but I only did one. Now I am paying for not changing both!

The only problem is my car is not the V6, only V4. Would part number 213-3541 still be ok for v4 ?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hey Greenman.....I had a few codes and Im down to the last one -
p0054.
Ive changed out the thermostat, temp sensor and all 4 Oxygen sensors....

Whats next??

have u tried swapping around those new postcat sensors & clearing the code? then, if u get a 53, that bank 1 postcat sensor likely has a problem. what brand sensors did u use? sometimes non-oem HO2 sensors simply don't match oem specs close enough to pass all the obd2 tests. in your case, the calculated resistance of that sensor at startup is out of range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my check engine light came on today and the computer was throwing 2 codes, P0030 (O2 heater control circuit, bank 1 sensor 1), and P0135 (O2 heater circuit, bank 1 sensor 1).

I went to the acdelco parts website and it shows my car takes the following two O2 sensors:

SENSOR,HTD OXY(POSN 2)
Part Number: 213-1574
Product Notes:
Heated Oxygen Sensor (Position 3)
Post converter

SENSOR ASM-HTD OXY (POSN 1)
Part Number: 213-3541
Product Notes:
Heated Oxygen Sensor (Position 1)
In exh manifold/crossover

My question is do I need the first or second one? I would assume the second because it says position 1, does position 1 mean the same as bank 1?
David C. (2006 G6 GTP 3.9L coupe 6 -SPD)
Yes it will be the 2nd sensor with
Part Number: 213-3541.
Because the Bank 1 sensor 1 location is the one in front below oil filler neck, on the exhaust manifold. That one is the Bank 1 sensor 1 location. I have literally just recently this week had to change out the same Bank 1 sensor 1 O2 Sensor from the same DTC Code.. ! So hopefully this helps you out man and gets that G6 up and in better health for you man.
Bank 2 sensor 1 is post catalytic which is the sensor directly after the catalytic convertor.
Bank 1 Sensor 1 controls Temperature inside the car as well...your cars heat will barely become Luke warm just on low setting blowing out of vents. If turned up more than 3 notches you will only feel colder feeling air. If your O2 sensor is not changed out before really cold weather sets in then my friend you will hate it and freeze so badly. I had the same thing happen to me last week when that small cold front pushed into TN where I live and I froze so I didn't waste anymore time getting to it and replacing the sensor fast. Now I have great heat again and the DTC code cleared and doesn't plague me anymore!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts