Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have P0700 for P0717 and an ISS DTC (which I replaced with brand new one). Once replaced, the DTC was actively cleared and (after the trip cycle procedure) the DTC P0717 was re-established. What's next? Wiring harness (the outside or inside the side case) I should be examining and or replacing? If that doesn't clear the DTC P0717, should the PCM be replaced altogether with brand new one and then programming is done? Can I myself or only the dealer? And can I replace it with a used PCM? And then reprogramming the used PCM with the recipient car's VIN? The vehicle is driven without any noticeable transmission issue (the DTC P0717, however, is causing an emission test failure and must be resolved). I can't think of other reasons (ISS, Harness, PCM) right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have P0700 for P0717 and an ISS DTC (which I replaced with brand new one). Once replaced, the DTC was actively cleared and (after the trip cycle procedure) the DTC P0717 was re-established. What's next? Wiring harness (the outside or inside the side case) I should be examining and or replacing? If that doesn't clear the DTC P0717, should the PCM be replaced altogether with brand new one and then programming is done? Can I myself or only the dealer? And can I replace it with a used PCM? And then reprogramming the used PCM with the recipient car's VIN? The vehicle is driven without any noticeable transmission issue (the DTC P0717, however, is causing an emission test failure and must be resolved). I can't think of other reasons (ISS, Harness, PCM) right?
Never mind I resolved the issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts