Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured it was time to post a progression thread. I'm afraid I dont have to many in between pics but here's when I bought it 5.5yrs ago and how she sits today.

Mods so far:

EXTERIOR
Modified GXP front bumper
Modified GXP hood
GXP rear bumper
09.5+ rocker moldings
09.5+ spoiler
Painted mirrors
30% tint
Debadged
Sylvania silverstars in fog lamps
Blacked out belt moldings
Painted grilles same color as wheels
Body color grille surrounds
Eagle Eye's headlamps (black)
Tinted tails

INTERIOR
Leather wrap steering wheel
Leather wrap shift knob
Painted interior

SUSPENSION
Eibach pro kit
Custom painted (Audi pearl gray) Malibu LTZ 18" wheels
Cooper Zeon RS3-A 225/50R18's
Malibu Maxx SS Stut tower bar

ENGINE
Magnaflow dual out muffler
Snorkle delete

VERY NEAR FUTURE
Brembo front brakes

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I started Modding it right away and has taken me a long time to get this far. I plan my next mods ahead of time and start putting money aside til I can get what I'm after.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't I know it. It's about to get even harder for me. With any luck I'll be purchasing a house in the next couple weeks and that will take what extra money have for modding away. That's why I'm trying to get so much done while I can.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty easy. You have to remove the airbag by inserting something into the little holes behind it til it releases. I used a pocket flat head driver. Then there 2 T10 or 15 screws, 1 each.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
alright, i was just wondering how i was going to Black out the whole chromed key hole on the trunk.
Did you just Plasti-dip it?
i was worried about it getting it in the key hole, but totally forgot the fact that there's that little flap you have to push in.
I took the cylinder out and sprayed it with flat black spray paint called trim black.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That sucks. All I need is the money for it and its done. That and suspension :D
Yeah it really sucks. Getting the money is the hardest part of this fun and I had it put aside. Knowing that I had the money and couldn't get it really messed me up. What suspension? You still looking to bag it?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Sounds a lot like my ex girlfriend when I used to mention wanting to turbocharge a car or spend a few grand on modifying one.. Most women don't understand our desires of fast cars. I had been dreaming of buying a 2004 impala and turbocharging it, but eventually changed my mind and ended up buying an 08 G6 GT. I'm much happier with this choice of course. In the end, as far as turbocharging or supercharging a car that isn't designed for insane amounts of power, it makes more sense not to go through with either as you WILL need a different transmission, and it's only a matter of time. Either option is extremely expensive, and as with any FWD application, traction will be an issue. Believe it or not your wife has the right idea. Save your money to eventually buy a much faster car.
Hahaha says the one who started the comment about my car needing to be faster. Lmao. But you are right. The wife and I have agreed that I can mod so long as its not the engine. Much safer in the long run.
And that's when I made my signature read the way it does.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.