Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
P Magic you should look into these kits ZZP sells for our motor.
I want to get the Super Charger Stage 2 kit.
They also have a Turbo Kit available

So you can make it go as fast as it looks!

I would just recommend adding a trans cooler... I plan to in the near future haha

SC Kit

Turbo Kit

I have done extraordinary amounts of research on both kits and the likenesses they'll work on a base G6...

All I can say, SC seems a bunch easier and more ready to go.
But the Turbo gets more boost and hence more power, But then you get into building internals...

·
Registered
59 Posts
alright, i was just wondering how i was going to Black out the whole chromed key hole on the trunk.
Did you just Plasti-dip it?
i was worried about it getting it in the key hole, but totally forgot the fact that there's that little flap you have to push in.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
alright, i was just wondering how i was going to Black out the whole chromed key hole on the trunk.
Did you just Plasti-dip it?
i was worried about it getting it in the key hole, but totally forgot the fact that there's that little flap you have to push in.
I took the cylinder out and sprayed it with flat black spray paint called trim black.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That sucks. All I need is the money for it and its done. That and suspension :D
Yeah it really sucks. Getting the money is the hardest part of this fun and I had it put aside. Knowing that I had the money and couldn't get it really messed me up. What suspension? You still looking to bag it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Haha actually I was talking with them about their super charger kit. Had the money put aside and was getting ready to order it when the wife found my emails and shut it down fast. Long story shirt I will not be getting it.
Sounds a lot like my ex girlfriend when I used to mention wanting to turbocharge a car or spend a few grand on modifying one.. Most women don't understand our desires of fast cars. I had been dreaming of buying a 2004 impala and turbocharging it, but eventually changed my mind and ended up buying an 08 G6 GT. I'm much happier with this choice of course. In the end, as far as turbocharging or supercharging a car that isn't designed for insane amounts of power, it makes more sense not to go through with either as you WILL need a different transmission, and it's only a matter of time. Either option is extremely expensive, and as with any FWD application, traction will be an issue. Believe it or not your wife has the right idea. Save your money to eventually buy a much faster car.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Sounds a lot like my ex girlfriend when I used to mention wanting to turbocharge a car or spend a few grand on modifying one.. Most women don't understand our desires of fast cars. I had been dreaming of buying a 2004 impala and turbocharging it, but eventually changed my mind and ended up buying an 08 G6 GT. I'm much happier with this choice of course. In the end, as far as turbocharging or supercharging a car that isn't designed for insane amounts of power, it makes more sense not to go through with either as you WILL need a different transmission, and it's only a matter of time. Either option is extremely expensive, and as with any FWD application, traction will be an issue. Believe it or not your wife has the right idea. Save your money to eventually buy a much faster car.
Hahaha says the one who started the comment about my car needing to be faster. Lmao. But you are right. The wife and I have agreed that I can mod so long as its not the engine. Much safer in the long run.
And that's when I made my signature read the way it does.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.