Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay..for fear of sounding stupid..I love the skittles look. I have a black G6 and I was wondering if there is any way to make it have more of an irredescent look to it?

Also, my car has a "street name"..it's KnightKrawler..Lol..Gosh, he has a real name too...Kit...haha. Annnyways..Any ideas on maybe a paint job that has to do with the whole KnightKrawler theme? I'm lil short on cash so it'll have to wait awhile (plus an extended warranty), but I still want to know what I want to paint the body. I mean, if I'm getting something kinda permanent...more so expensive, I'd like to have my idea in my head for a long time and be absolutely sure its what I want, kinda like a tattoo.

So, any ideas? I dont want it too over powering or tacky.

· CrAzY Moderator
1,116 Posts
nerither one is perm ha ha you can get a tattoo removed or get the paint changed its just the money you invest in things like that make it a hard choice. Not saying this to be a smart a$$. But I really have not seen any like black irredescent. Have you ever played any games that have to deal with cars that you can paint and race that would be a start to actually see it on a car and know what that color looks like!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I know it can be removed, but I'd rather be sure about what I'm getting so I don't have to worry about removing it. And thats a good idea about using a game to see what would look good.

· ` Colleen =)
123 Posts
You could get a pearl coat added on. That way when you look at it one way, its black, and when you look at it another way in the sun, its the color of the pearl. (for example, a blue pearl would look cool. When you looked at your car in the sunlight, it would give off a blue tint.) There are all different color pearls. Its just a suggestion.. I would look into it, but i wouldnt suggest going somewhere like maaco for this, because pearls have to be done just right. There cant be any runs, or else it will look horrible. Id suggest going somewhere that you've heard highly of. :)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that sounds great. I don't want it to be extremely noticeable, but I want when people to see it just be like "wow". I'd like it to have a red pearl coating. I'm going with the whole red interior. Maybe install under the dash LED red lighting. Anyone have a rough estimate on how much something like that would cost? I know it will probably differ, but anyone get it done on their car?

· CrAzY Moderator
1,116 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
I do all my lighting effects with Streetglow!! Great quality and great support! yeah a little higher on price....but you get what you pay for!!

As for colors...I got a black coupe I'm working on upgrading! I'm loving the red so far...Red single LEDs in vents, Red strips under dash and in the future....Wheel wells and underglow!!! :) I also want to get my engine covers painted really bad!! lol I want red flames painted....but I might just paint it solid red by myself

POST PICTURES EVERYONE!!! It helps to see other people's ideas come to life!!

· !
127 Posts
Well. Here is what I think and this is simply just what I think. Don't think I'm trying to tell you what to do, or how to spend your money. But,,, a decent paint job is very expensive... Even though GM paint sucks, it's still an expensive paint job. To do what you want to do and have it look good for a long time, the painter would most likely have to dissemble, mask off and prep the entire exterior of the car. your looking at a couple thousand bucks easy. (unless you know someone who is really really bored.) And if any part of the paint or prep work is poorly done it will be super obvious!!! (especially on black) Even just to add the pearl to the color that you already have, would be pain staking process to do it correctly.
Again I don't want to tell you how to spend your money. It would make me cry to see your paint get screwed up.

If you have the money the only way to go is to go to someone who paints high end cars. Stay away from MACO!

Just my tow cents... take it as you will...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.