Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black lettering and those indents are black with the rest white. Here are pics of the progress and finished product.

Primer

Black paint applied where planned (some spots i changed my mind about where the black would be)

Masking and cutting out the indentations and letterings (preping for the white. bad pic too)

The finished covers

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good work! How come the lightning bolt thingy isn't black? Looks like you had sprayed it in the W-I-P pics.
I really dont know. For some reason the paint wouldnt stick very well there so i just said phuck it lol.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well obviously it's greased lightning :D
LOL

The battery symbol was doing the same thing, but not as bad. Kinda made me mad tho about the fuse symbol.

I would spray a thin layer of black paint(very thin) and it would separate just like water on oil or using tape on a greasy surface. It was clean AND i primered it and let the primer dry overnight. hmm cheap paint=cheap looks i guess.

The white paint did the same but seemed to stick better so i just left it with one coat instead of two like the engine cover. I love the look it gives under the hood. Now all i need is my crabs (comes next week)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some one didn't sand it :p

I was preparing for war against intruding bees and flies, there was no time to sand! I had to protect my house from infestation.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ever heard of a joke????:rolleyes:

I didnt sand the covers cuz i didnt want to. Either way it came out great. It just means i have to paint the fuse symbol by brush.:p

·
Registered
159 Posts
mine is almost complete...I've got mine bondo'd and sanded smooth. It is all taped off and ready for my second color(blue)...then I'm going to put a fancy design in the big empty spot that I created by filling those rectangles...the color in the pics look different, but it isn't. My cam makes flat black look different in different light.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is a photoshopped concept, but I painted it the same way and it looks sweet! Haven't done the battery/fuse cover yet.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Dont spend too much time on your battery cover cause once that battery dies youll discover no other batteries fit under that thing...DOH!!!!!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats looks nice!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah i was just gonna spray it blue, and mayb sharpie the raised stuff (or something similarly simple), should take like an hour XD, I've also got the blue filter and I'm still working on the CAB which has a blue upper rim to match, it's been too rainy to get out and work under the hood tho.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sharpie? Good idea. I'll go out and color in the lightning bolt on my fuse box and see how it turns out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
when you use a sharpie on a bigger area, you can see the scribble marks...i tried it on my engine cover and it doesn't look so hot. I'm going to go back over it with my airbrush to clean it up once i'm done with the lettering. I just don't have time between work and hanging out with the girlfriend to get much done.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You know the fuse and the lightning symbol on the battery cover? The raised portion? Thats what i think i'll sharpie since its a tiny area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.