Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Painted headlights completed and installed!!!!

Yes, after a few weeks of attempting this, it's almost done! The delay was mostly due to 2 things: 1) I had to wait for the passenger side headlight to arrive, since the last one I had was messed up. 2) It was a pain in the @$$ to fit the painted piece inside the lens once it was painted. The paint kept rubbing off in certain spots, but I finally got them in!

All that's left is resealing them with new silicone because I wanna make sure they are sealed tight so they don't get condensation in them. I also need to put the rubber weatherstripping back on, and that should be it. I bought these chrome colored bulbs that glow amber when lit, they should look cool for the parking light. I just wanna see how they reflect...I want to make sure not having that circular amber reflector doesn't mess up the lighting.

Anyway, here's a sneak peak of one of the lights as it is right now:

Mike

·
Registered
423 Posts
yep.....AWESOME!!

BLACK looks great, but not sure how mine would look in 'Stealth Gray'......

can't wait to see the finished product on your Coupe!!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got them on the car! These were the best pictures I could take at the moment since it was dark out and starting to hail. I also took some pics with the headlight covers on there to see what it would look like, but I think that might be overkill. Check it out!

with the covers!

Mike

·
Registered
124 Posts
It is definitely unique! When many begin this trend I will know where "I" saw it first! :cool:

·
Registered
220 Posts
mbiker97 said:
The beam pattern wouldn't change since he didn't paint the actual reflector.

Looks good.
The chrome coating in the headlight housing provides ambient light to the sides, hence helping side vision, but thanks for pointing that out!!!

:2up:

·
Registered
423 Posts
AWESOME!!! i've got the Chrome wheels on my GT and i kind of like the added chrome 'look' so i doubt that i would do it to mine.

BUT, on your black coupe, like i said; "AWESOME"!!!!!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Slickdesi said:
DAMM!! that looks really nice, someone come up with taillight mods.
nite shades. i'll be doing mine in spring when the weather warms up. hopefully none of you are in milwaukee and use it before i do...

looks good though!

·
Registered
124 Posts
G6Action said:
[...] i've got the Chrome wheels on my GT and i kind of like the added chrome 'look' so i doubt that i would do it to mine.
I have to agree. I love the look of chrome & also have the chrome wheels. It's a great touch (if you like that kind of thing). :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm going to be getting chrome door handles and pillar posts.

Do you think painting my headlights black, like GTPGuy82, would look alright with that?

My girlfriend says painting them black would go against the silver look I'm going for with the chrome.

By the way, my G6 is 2005 / fully loaded / standard 4 door model. Black.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts