Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Well..i already made a descent attempt at painting my trim once without removing it. it looks okay, but id like to do a better job and just paint it black this time. Can ANYONE please give me a quick run down on how to take the trim piece off my 08? What pulls/prys off and what has clips and what tools i might need. does the whole door need to come off etc...i want to do all 4 door pieces..and the gear shift piece. nething else i decide to try n do ill jus figure out. Thanks i appreciate any/all help!

--Alex//>

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
DId u do a search? Lots of info on this already posted.

Drivers door has a bolt under the rubber (torx). Pass and back just pry off.

Center console is a beeeeotch to remove. You have to pull up your entire console to access it.

3 spoke wheels need the airbag removed to access the screws holding on your horizontal control housings for removal (paint).

Thats the cliff note verison.

·
Registered
911 Posts
the 3 door trims just pop off...stick atiny flathead in and pry carefully. the drivers trim is still pretty easy just need some tools. the black flat rubber piece (shape of a rhombus) that sits in that little 1 inch deep cavity on the drivers trim needs to be pulled out, just a little flathead will pry it up easy. then there are two torx screws below that need to be removed, not sure on the size sorry. you take those two torx out then the whole trim can be removed/pryed up. its still connected to 2 wiring harnesses so don't rip that sucker up out of joy just yet haha. all the buttons pop out of the trim too which makes painting a lot easier. ask if you have questions!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts