Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm overthinking, but I'd be curious if it was worth it to take the black Metra DIN Kit and attempting to match them to the grey interior?

Has anyone painted parts before and can recommend a proper color? I tried to search, but only came up with auto body paint.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
You can paint anything, prep is key. If you get the piece prepped up good enough you can get some good results with spray paint. Any paint should work. Start with a primer that'll adhere well to the plastic. A good primer should help the top coats stick well.
I don't know what color would match, but maybe you can pull a trim piece or bezel and bring it with to the store to look for a match.

The napa auto parts near me will also mix paint. Not sure if all Napa's do but worth checking out if you want it to be exact.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, after putting the Metra kit up against the dash, it really doesn't seem like it's that big of a difference in color. Maybe my opinion will change after it's installed, but I was having a hard time seeing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts