Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone painted there side skirts or lower rear bumper cover?? im thinking about doing it the olny thing is that if it wears off or chips away would you sand it or leave it with a texture how would you prep it so that it doent wear off because you are going to use the same paint code as the rest of the car so how well would that stick to the plastic anyone doe this let me know how do done it thanks.

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
Hey has anyone painted there side skirts or lower rear bumper cover?? im thinking about doing it the olny thing is that if it wears off or chips away would you sand it or leave it with a texture how would you prep it so that it doent wear off because you are going to use the same paint code as the rest of the car so how well would that stick to the plastic anyone doe this let me know how do done it thanks.
I'm not sure if anyone has done this but all you have to do is sand down because the paint won't stick well to the texture. When done sanding clean, prepare it for paint, paint, dry, and do a 3 or 4 coats of clearcoats. It shouldn't chip, dent, or wear. Just take care of it. I would keep it the way it comes though. But thats me. Go to your local paint dealer or GM/Chevy dealer and see if you can get information on it. They would tell you how.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts