Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2009 G6. I'm trying to pair my iPhone 4S...the phone is recognizing it's a GM but it's asking for a PIN. Where do I find that???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok I have 08 and I know that this option didn't come out until 09. Does anyone know if I could possible get this off an 09 or 10 and install it on my 08?

I looked up the phones capable of connecting with the system and the iPhone 4S is not listed.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Ok I have 08 and I know that this option didn't come out until 09. Does anyone know if I could possible get this off an 09 or 10 and install it on my 08?
I don't know for sure but I'd be surprised if you could add the oem unit (requires the v8 (IIRC) onstar box). You can install an aftermarket double din radio or nav unit that would add bluetooth & lots of other stuff including internet radio now I believe.

I looked up the phones capable of connecting with the system and the iPhone 4S is not listed.
Well, the onstar chip was made in '08 for the '09 model year & the iphone 4s was still a long way in the future. Sometimes they come out with firmware updates that add capability. Basically the car makers are way behind the technology curve which is why I prefer to use aftermarket systems. The business model just doesn't allow for retrofitting with new technology. They want you to buy a new car.

·
RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
Pairing the phone is pretty straight forward. You hold the phone button on the steering wheel, saying bluetooth at the prompt, than pair, it will tell you the pin and you put in that pin on the phone, you name the phone in the car, confirm it and your all setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts